How to create a Library to share the components?

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt, is it possible to create a Library to share all the components of a model (project) to another model? I have created some NodePC and the connections between them. Also I have applied properties using the PVMT. I want to replicate the components to other projects, as the components are the same ones, but there is not any guide line to do so. Is it possible to do?

Hi Omar,

If you need the sets of components you will copy to be synchronized between your two models (I mean, so that, if you edit them somewhere, they would automatically be updated accordingly in the other models), then I think a good way of doing it would be REC/RPL.
You can see more about REC/RPL in the Capella help contents (Help/Help Contents/Capella Guide/User Manual/Replicable Elements).

Otherwise, maybe this post could also help you: Copy Diagram from a project to an other

1 Like

Look, I have created the REC catalog and also have done a merge for having it in another project:

Then, in the other project, i try to do the RPL, but it does not have the properties that I have given to the previous component in the first project. Do you know what is happening?

It does not appear for the selection of the RPL.

Also, do you know if there is any problem in order to reference a library to a project?

I am in this tab but is not working? Any idea?

Hi Omar, what is the problem with the library dialog ?

Is it an issue for library referencing ? (first tab)
or is it an issue with access policy (3rd tab) with readOnly / read/write access ?

The problem is that does not allow to continue. I try to click on the OK button but nothing happens, does not execute the referencing action. Do you know what is happening?

As the dialog button doesn’t seem greyed out, I would suggest you to check your Error log, it looks like something went wrong