How to add image in Capella?

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to add an image in an e.g. Constraint, Logical Component, Logical Actor, …
In this Post it was described, how to achieve this, however it somehow doesn’t work for me (and I’m pretty certain that I overlooked something).
I tried the following steps
1.) Create e.g. Constraint
2.) Double Click and Navigate to Description
3.) Add Image (see Screenshot)
4.) No Image appears in Editor. :frowning:

Thank you for your answers!

This is the image of the Description Property of the Constraint

The following is the Constraint in the Editor, which, as I thought, should contain the image?
Screenshot 2021-12-21 082630

Hello,
Do you want that the image of the constraint ‘Test’ contains the picture you imported ?
For that, you need to click on the constraint and select ‘set style to workspace image’ (in the bar above), then choose a picture from your workspace.
Otherwise, picture in description is only displayed in description.

1 Like

I intended to do something like in the screenshot below. But I think what you described is precisely what I was looking for!

Thanks!

ok so to do this, you should not go to the description tab.
In your diagram, select your constraint, and then in the toolbar of the diagram, select the image icon.

Stephane

1 Like

Hello I tried applying this solution to add an image and its only letting me add images already in Capella which is just the element icons. I’ve tried adding an image to the file location, but its not showing. Is there something else I should be trying

Yes, once you have added an image in the file location, you should go back to your Capella project explorer, right-click on your project, and select “refresh”. Your image should then appear in your project and you can then insert it into your diagrams.
Let me know if that works.
Stephane

Yes that worked. We had tried using the yellow refresh button in the toolbar, but that didn’t work. Right clicking and then refreshing did though