Capella VPMS add-on for Capella V6.x

Hello everybody,

Is anyone aware of the status of the Modes & States viewpoint?

The features provided by the add-on are really appealing. However, the latest release of the add-on is V0.18.1 from October 2021. As of now, Cappella V6.0 does not work with this old version and the VPMS project does not seem to be actively maintained in GitHub.

There is an open issue to integrate the features from the add-on into Capella itself. Is that the reason why the add-on is not maintained and we’ll see the VPMS features in a future release of Capella?

Thanks,
Jürgen

If anyone else is checking this thread for the current status of the add-on:

There is some activity to update the VPMS add-on for Capella V6.0:
Comparing v0.18.x…v0.19.x · eclipse/capella-vpms (github.com)

As of the time of writing, there is only a new branch and a commit to work on the update. I have not yet found a release of the new version.

Great news from my perspective, I highly appreciate that this is taken care of!

1 Like

Hi, yes,
not yet finished but we are working to make it compatible with 6.1 release

1 Like

Hi there @jdes @pdulth . I came across this download link for v0.19 (2023-06-03):
https://download.eclipse.org/oomph/archive/eclipse/capella/addons/vpms/updates/releases/index.html#0.19.0

Is this the latest version now working with Capella 6.1?

Also is there an manual/readme on how to use this add on?

Many thanks

Sol

Hi @sbeaz,

you are right, this is the latest version, see also Releases · eclipse/capella-vpms (github.com).

According to the documentation, version 0.19 works with Capella V6.0 and V6.1. Up to now, I have only used it with V6.0 where it works fine. With Capella V6.1, I could at least install it and reference it as a viewpoint from a project. I have not yet used it with V6.1, though.

Best regards,
Jürgen

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but I’m having some problems with v0.19 on my Capella 6.1 install.

1. On my SAB that has a nested actor, activating the viewpoint removes those actors from the from the diagram. I cannot re-add them once this happens.
  2. Function ports that are excluded actually disappear, rather than change colour. The only way to get them back is remove the configuration, click the end of the FE where the port sits - it then becomes highlighted (but the not visible), then CTRL+H to hide, then CTRL+Z to undo the hide. The port then becomes visible again on the diagram.
  3. Excluded elements are red rather than grey.

See my other post with screen grabs earlier today

Any help appreciated.

KR

Sol

Giving this 6.1 compatibility item a bit of a push. The VPMS is useful add-on and would like to continue using it have had to pause for now. Any thoughts or updates on this. @pdulth

KR