XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on

I use the add on Filtering (filtering criterion) to mark / tag specific entities, diagramms, … . All entities marked with the same filtering criterion is then a feature, relying on specific requirements.
Now I want do generate a documentation, where only the content marked with the filter criterion is documented.
I would like to use XHTML, but it seems there is no way to select a filtering criterion to generate the documentation.
Do I miss somethting and it is indeed possible?
Is there any way to extend the XHTML add on with this feature?
Does M2DOC get the job done?

I use the add on Filtering (filtering criterion) to mark / tag specific entities, diagramms, … . All entities marked with the same filtering criterion is then a feature, relying on specific requirements.
Now I want do generate a documentation, where only the content marked with the filter criterion is documented.
I would like to use XHTML, but it seems there is no way to select a filtering criterion to generate the documentation.
Do I miss somethting and it is indeed possible?
Is there any way to extend the XHTML add on with this feature?
Does M2DOC get the job done?

Hello Marcel,
I would recommend you to generate a new model with the filtering add-on which will filter out all the non-relevant model elements.
Then you can generate documentation from this new model :slight_smile:

Hello Marcel,
I would recommend you to generate a new model with the filtering add-on which will filter out all the non-relevant model elements.
Then you can generate documentation from this new model :slight_smile:

Indeed, thats possible … but not a fine and solution. Thanks.

Indeed, thats possible … but not a fine and solution. Thanks.

I guess that M2Doc is able to generate what you expect. I think that you can add an if statement to validate the existance of the filetring criteria.

I guess that M2Doc is able to generate what you expect. I think that you can add an if statement to validate the existance of the filetring criteria.

Still another solution is to extend the capabilities of the XHTML export to consider filters. After all, it’s open source.

Still another solution is to extend the capabilities of the XHTML export to consider filters. After all, it’s open source.