Why does the lack of some basic functionality still persist in Capella

I am writing this out of frustration . For years, some rather basic functions are missing in Capella. Lately, I ran into one of them: bulk delete of model elements based selected by a query. needed to delete all constraints associated to OA func. exchanges.(i.e. constraining, i.e. probably owned by - no time to check the metamodel). Not to mention that the model was rather big and that there were many other constraints not falling into this category.

At the end, due to a lack of time, I unfortunately had to do it by manually selecting them in the Capella GUI. If Capella were a reasonably complete tool, you would enter a query, e.g. AQL in the Project Explorer (or at worst in Mass Editing View) and get exactly only the elements displayed, which you then delete with the usual selectAll-delete-confirm delete. Duration: 1 minute.

I think that the feature you’re looking for is already here: Open the interpreter view, enter your AQL query, select the elements you get as a result and hit the delete key.

As Capella is an open source tool, we are always happy to hear about user feedback, and even better to receive contributions. Did you list those basic missing functions that you find frustrating somewhere?

Stephane Lacrampe
Obeo Canada

Well, you´re right and thank you for the hint. Yes, it is possible there via the context menu. Although I´ve been working with the Interpreter and m2doc a lot 1-2 years ago, I have never used that and as there are just a sort and clear buttons in the upper right corner of the Results pane, it has not crossed my mind. It is really hidden there - no way to find out until you have some results to try it out. So why not integrate the AQL queries into the search field of Project Explorer in the first place, incl. the hint similar to the existing hints about special regexp chars in the search field? I mean, the Proj. Explorer is the place for changes in the model such as copy, move , delete, rename etc. , not the Interpreter. The Interpreter should be restricted to “Show in Explorer…”.

Actually I do not have such a list per se, but I have posted some of the issues already in this forum. Some of rather obvious shortcomings are getting in the way fairly frequently, so I can just post them then.