Which ECCS is Capella compliant to?

Can anybody tell me to which ECSS Capella is compliant to? Or does anybody has an idea where I can find this information?

Hi - I guess you mean ECSS - European Cooperation for Space Standardization. Eclipse Capella I believe was developed with ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015 in mind (and the supporting INCOSE Handbook). I don’t think it’s intended to implement ECSS standards.

However, check out ECSS-E-TM-10-25A – Engineering design model data exchange – CDF (20 October 2010) and ECSS-E-ST-10C Rev.1 – System engineering general requirements (15 February 2017). There’s also other topics like Interface Management, Configuration and Information Management, and Product Assurance. It would be up to effective company processes and your own best practices to stay compliant to standards. The tool offers no guarantees.

Start instead from the Standards which you must be compliant with. Then consider getting involved in an Internal Audit at your company, and find where there are gaps.

But remember also; rules are for the obedience of fools, and for the guidance of wise men.
If you’re not in a safety critical industry, standards are guidelines written by committee, nothing more.

2 Likes

Yes I meant ECSS, Thank you for the reply!