Visualizing transitions between layers

Hi

I am posting this with the feeling it has been posted before - although I couldn’t find it. Is there a way (maybe outside capella even!) to make a visual representation to show mapping of elements between layers? I.e., similar to probably the most famous picture in the Capellla universe: https://mbse-capella.org/images/arcadia/phases_arcadia.png

I know we have the traceability matrixes… but a visual alternative would be interesting… to transverse the model.

Thanks for engaging,

cheers, Ricardo

Hi @rreis,

You can read a traceability between layers in Arcadia ontology traceability..

In addition, you can verify traceability on the Capella semantic browser and navigate the model.

I hope that helps,
Hélder Castro

hi @HelderCastro , thanks for the pointers. What some colleagues asked me was a visualization. With the ontology they will understand how things are connected… and surely through the semanting browser we can navigate the model. I understand they would “like” a vision exactly as expressed by the picture I linked. On second thought, maybe it would provide a huge graphic nice to see the complexity but of little value for concrete engineering work.

@rreis thanks to hear the link I share was of value.

When I present to other I do use both figures, as captured in the webpage I shared.
You can explore other pages for Operational, System Needs Analysis, and Logical and Physical Architecture, at the end of each of them it is captured a traceability and flow of model elements and diagrams, for example, Operational Analysis traceability flow.

In addition, you can find a matrix with all the activities expected at each layer: Arcadia architecture layers and activities.

Not sure what you mean by: “On second thought, maybe it would provide a huge graphic nice to see the complexity but of little value for concrete engineering work

Happy to discuss further,
Hélder Castro

You may want to have a look at this plugin discussed on this thread: Cross-Level Analysis Plug In

2 Likes