Will try to add more user need’s oriented answers.
Arcadia and Capella features
- strict sequence in the process: at first atomic functions should be defined and after that behaviour should be defined using state machines
- does not help in specifying behaviour of “atomics” functions
There is a need for the following approach:
- “atomic functions” need to be defined during behaviour specification (the same way as interactions are defined during scenarios creations)
- there should be an opportunity to specify behaviour of atomic function in detail
BTrees can help with theses needs:
- BTree supports an approach when atomic functions are defined during behaviour modeling
- BTree can be used on different levels : from high level to the low level behaviours (atomic functions behaviours)
- BTree can be easily introduced in Capella due to using semantic information for composite functions to specify control flows (no need to model control flows explicitly)
Capella introduced a very simple tool for functional analysis. BTree adds an option to specify behaviour in the same simple manner, without using additional modeling constructs.