I want to use Capella to model a set of independent software systems. These systems share a set of so-called core components that I expect to model just in one place.
My understanding is that the recommended way of doing that is:
- create a capella library containing the models of core components
- create a REC from the library
- create a capella project for system X
- within the project make a RPL with the library’s REC
- use the core components in the system’s model
Assuming the above sequence of steps is the way to go, how do I need to proceed to update (e.g. add a port) a core component (in the library) and make the updated component available in the system’s project?