Transparent Boxes on Exchanges

Does anyone know what these transparent boxes on exchange items are and if it’s possible to hide them? I know the center one is the text of the exchange itself, but not sure of the other two. They show up near the beginning and end of the exchange. Typically they are small, but they seem to get resized when I am formatting my diagrams (not sure how but it happens frequently) and it makes selecting items beneath them difficult. I figure I can probably hide them but I don’t know what they are called…

Never seen these blue boxes. I wonder if the problem you have may be related to switching from working with a high resolution monitor to a lower resolution, this would typically make some “ghost” shapes to appear… There is a couple of thread on this forum about that and the associated workaround. But not sure this is it…

Intersting, I haven’t been changing monitor resolutions. After playing around a bit I think I found the root cause… When I create new functions and an exchange, those transparent boxes show up as little boxes beneath the exchange, like this.

Then, if I create another function, and move the port/exchange to that new function, those little boxes are resized to the be the same size as the exchange text box.

Still I don’t see why you’re seeing these blue boxes… Are you on Windows?

Strange! Yes I am on Windows. A co-worker is seeing them as well.

I tried it and see them only when I select the exchange. Can you confirm you see them only when you select a functional exchange?
I was not able to reproduce the second step where they become bigger when you move the port. For me they stay the same size. But I understand this is annoying. In which diagram are you working on? I see that you activated the grid as well. Did you activate anything else?

I think these blue boxes are brought by one of the underlying framework (GMF I suppose), typically they would be used for indicating multiplicities in associations in diagram classes for example. multiplicity is not used for functional exchanges in Capella, so they are kind of empty but I suppose these blue boxes are staying because we were not able to remove them. This pointer may give you some information, but not a solution: Diagrams

Let me try to find out with the team if I can get more info.
Stephane

1 Like

Hello,
These blue boxes are used to display which chain are passing through an exchange, in the case of overlapping chains.
The resizing behavior seems broken though,
I filed a ticket on Beginning and end label of exchange have a visible edit box · Issue #2847 · eclipse-capella/capella · GitHub

2 Likes

Resizing issue described above was experienced by one of my colleagues.
The solution was to lower the screen resolution.

The issue may be related to higher screen resolutions.

Regards,
Hélder Castro

1 Like

Yes, I only see the boxes with the functional exchange selected, sorry I didn’t mention that. The grid is activated, but I don’t think I activated anything else. I am working in a SDFB.

This morning I reduced my monitor resolution (as @HelderCastro suggests) from 1080p to 720p. After that the boxes no longer resized! However, I don’t want to work at 720p so I put my resolution back to 1080p and now I can’t replicate the issue, even after restarting Capella… so… I don’t know if that actually fixed it or not, but it isn’t happening any more :smiley:

2 Likes