States/Mode inheritence

Hello,

I have a system that has two variants. Those two variants are used in different scenarios, only differ in the components used, which allow them to match different capabilities. But their functions are the same, and they do have most of their capabilities and scenarii in common.

To have only one model in Capella, I did a parent entity, and two child entities contained in it. Right now I’m still doing the operational analysis. In the operational entity scenarii,sometimes I use the parent entity when the scenario is common to both variants, and when it is not I use of the child entity.

But I have a problem when I try to include states/modes. As they are the same for the two variants, I add the variant entity to the scenario, and add a state or mode from the parent entity as well. When I try to validate the model, I get the following error :

StateFragment related to state (State) is inconsistent in [OES] scenario (Scenario) (related State is not included in child (Operational Entity)). | Error | DWF_DS_21

I can of course solve that problem creating another states/modes set for the variants, but I would like to have the same model elements so I can keep consistency if I decide to change something in the states/modes of the parent entity.

Does anyone know if there are tools that could help me model my situation ?

Thanks,

Alex