Start error on win10

I downloaded the package:
capella-6.0.0.202209090800-win32-win32-x86_64
for my win10x64
when I click on capella.exe nothing happen, no start, so error nothing :frowning:
I checked my java install and I have (build 1.8.0_361-b09)
said latest and no update require

any suggestions?

You don’t need to have Java installed - Capella embeds its own Java runtime.
Do you click on Capella or double-click?

oks,
doubled click, as usual to run a program…

I stopped it with the task manager, but since noting, even the eclips cannot see on the task list…

I guess these eclips instancies were not related to capella, but other java program running this time on my machine

I figured out this:

D:_install kits\capella-6.0.0.202209090800-win32-win32-x86_64\capella>capellac
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size

D:_install kits\capella-6.0.0.202209090800-win32-win32-x86_64\capella>

ok chatgpt solved it for me:

what is this error and how can I solve it? Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M Error occurred during initialization of VM Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size

The error message indicates that the initial heap size for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) has been set to a value that is larger than the maximum heap size. This can happen when you have set the JVM options incorrectly or when there is a conflict between different JVM options.

To solve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the environment variables in your system, specifically the _JAVA_OPTIONS variable, and remove or modify it if necessary. This variable sets default options for the JVM and might be causing the conflict.
  2. Check the JVM options in your application or script. Make sure that the initial heap size option (-Xms) is set to a value smaller than the maximum heap size option (-Xmx). If not, adjust the values accordingly.
  3. If you are using an IDE or other development tool, check the JVM options settings in the configuration or preferences. Make sure they are set correctly.
  4. If the problem persists, try resetting the JVM options to their default values by removing any custom options or resetting the configuration files.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to consult with a Java expert or a support team for further assistance.