Problems installing M2Doc

I would like to install M2Doc on a Capella that is running on a virtual server.
I did it on my personals computer and I was successful creating template and generation doc out of models.
On my server, when I start ‘Install New Software’ and pass the path : https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/obeo-networkaggregation-releases/capella-extensions/1.4.2/full
the tool start looking at my path, turning around looking for data then tells me that it cannot find any data.
I try a small trick
Windows->Preference->General->Network Connections then set the Active Provider to manual and give host & port

Software seems to download and install but it seems only a part of the tool is installed

so when trying to generate I have a message at the early begining

<—can’t load service class: org.obeonetwork.capella.m2doc.aql.queries.M2DocGenServices

and if I look at my template I can see that Capella is missing :persevere:

Do you have any idea to fix the installation ?

For some reason the M2Doc extensions for Capella was not installed, but M2Doc itself seems to be installed. Can you double check the version of the Capella you have on the VM and see if it match the version of the M2Doc extensions for Capella in the update site.
To have more information on the issue, you can also try to install again in your current configuration on the VM and see what can’t be installed. You should have a dialog before the installation start telling you that some components will not be installed. There is a button to show more details. That can help you figure out what is the problem. You can also past it here so I can have a lok if you want.

Surprising … in a good way :slight_smile:
My Capella is
Version: 1.4.2
Build id: 202010140908

I made the installation again, see the log in the end of the post

now it works, my template show the Capella and I am able to generate my Document :slight_smile:

The Log

Your original request has been modified.
“Apache POI” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Acceleo Query SDK” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText Twiki” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText AsciiDoc” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText Textile” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText HTML” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: Utilities :: Ajax(JSON)” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText TracWiki” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText MediaWiki” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“M2Doc HTML Integration (experimental)” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: Security” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: Servlet Handling” is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
“Feature for the M2doc Launcher” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“M2Doc UI” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Acceleo Query Framework” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Servlet API Bundle” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText Confluence” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“M2Doc” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Mylyn WikiText Markdown” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: Server Core” is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
“M2Doc Sirius Integration” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: IO Utility” is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
“Jetty :: Http Utility” is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
“Jetty :: Utilities” is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
“jsoup” will be ignored because it is already installed.
“Jetty :: Servlet Handling” cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
“Jetty :: Server Core” cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
“Jetty :: IO Utility” cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
“Jetty :: Http Utility” cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
“Jetty :: Utilities” cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.

Great, the log of installation is normal since you already had installed M2Doc.