Problem: Edit menu is greyed out after certain time - unable to Undo actions

Hi

I am using Capella 5.1. After certain time, the Edit menu is greyed out and thus it is not possible to Undo an action. This happened at least two times last week and just now as far as I remember. One way a getting Edit menu to behave normally is to closed Capella and re-open it.
I suggests investigation what could cause that.

Best regards

Patrick

Hi,
i don’t reproduce your bug. Please give us more details please.

The only known similar issue is if you delete a diagram through Project Explorer, or if you delete a model element (even through a Diagram) owning some inner diagrams, Edit menu / Undo etc (and related shortcuts) is greyed out.

The workaround is to click on Project explorer to enable this menu (and Undo capabilities).

Hope this helps,
Michel

Hi,

we found an other regression from Capella 5.

If you have at least 2 diagrams opened, and if one of this diagram is deleted (or deleted from a model element owning it), Edit menu (and mainly Undo capability and related shortcut) is be disabled from diagram till you close all opened diagrams, even if you modify or add elements on opened or new created diagrams.

So, for the moment, the workaround is to close all opened diagrams and reopen them to resolve the issue and to retrieve Undo capability from Diagram, or select Project Explorer to retrieve Undo capability.

Best regards,

Michel

1 Like

Hi

You are right. I deleted some diagrams indeed. Your description seems to reflect my observation. Thanks for the workaround tips.

Best regards

Patrick

I have had the same problem with one diagram open.

The workaround works for me: When I click the Project Explorer it enables the “Undo” button again and works but every time I select the elements in the diagram or the diagram background it greys out again. (this is still better than closing diagrams because I lost the last action when I closed the diagram).

Just to be clear: Closing diagrams and opening again works better because I recover the menu options permanently (not only clicking on project explorer) but I lose the last action which might be a problem if I did something that disarranged the diagram. (in this case just click the project explorer and undo)