Migration to 5.2.0

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to start using Capella with the help of the tutorials “Innovating with Capella” on YouTube (linked via the official Capella website).
Tony (the lovely guide) was using version 1.4.2 for his sample project. In order to follow and try out his example, I wanted to download and import his project.
So I imported his project exactly the way he showed it from here on:

This worked so far. When I wanted to open the session, I got an error stating that a wrong model version was detected and that I should have a look on the documentation about project migration.
So I searched for it and the solution seemed to be quite easy - just do a right click and select the Migration option, to migrate it to the current version.
Unfortunately, there is no Migration option in my right-click-menu:

I’d really like to start with examples to get to know the tool, but I’m afraid that this is going to be a long-term issue with all sample projects I want to have a look at.

When I did some research, it said that it should be possible to directly migrate from version 1.4.2 to 5.2.

Can anybody tell me if I missed something? Maybe someone having the same issue was able to fix it. I’d be very happy about any tips!

Thank you in advance,

JoKi :blush:

I don’t know why but the file “Trail Power.melodymodeller.xml” is wrongly named. @tony.komar ??
Anyway, rename the file to “Trail Power.melodymodeller” and the migration menu should pop up.
I tried it, and it worked.
Stephane

Hello!
Thank you very much for the answer, it worked. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. it does work.