Migration 1.3.x to 1.4.x : Performance issue

Hi

I’m facing with a strange situation where after migrating a project from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 or 1.4.2, performance issue happens.

Indeed for the same diagram ,

• In 1.3.1, I can move a lot of components simultaneously

• In 1.4.2, Moving a lot of components simultaneously is taking more time

Doesn’t anyone already faced with this issue?

Kind Regards,

Valery

Hi,

We didn’t notice this kind of performance regression issues between these versions.
Maybe the preference “Window > Preference > Sirius > Automatic refresh was disabled in your configuration on 1.3.x and enabled on 1.4.x ?”. On these versions, make sure you don’t open too many diagrams at once.

Did you try with the latest release 6.0 if this problem still occur ? There is some performances improvements in it, on scenario diagrams since 5.0 and for 6.0, the drag and drop of elements between containers or when many diagrams are opened at once. (It is possible to migration directly from 1.4.x to 6.0.)

Release Notes 6.0.0 · eclipse/capella Wiki (github.com)

Regards,
Philippe

Also, @ValeryTEGUIAK do you have some addons installed?

Hi

@pdulth
Based on your suggestions, I come out with :
• The “automatic refresh" option was not the cause because this option was activated both in 1.3.1 and 1.4.2 when we migrated our capella projects
• There is no more performance issue after migrating our capella project from 5.1 to 6.0, it seems like the problem is solved in Capella 6.0 for Architecture Diagram

@StephaneLacrampe
The main add-on used is PMVT, that also raised another issue recorded here : Migration from 1.3.x to 1.4.x : PVMT Issue

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,
Valery

@pdulth
Do you know if something has been changed from Capella 5.x to Capella 6.0 that can explain this.

Kind Regards

Hi,
There is some performance improvements in 6.0 when several diagrams are opened at same times or on drag and drop yes. Probably due to these enhancements yes.

performance-improvement - Release Notes 6.0.0 · eclipse/capella Wiki · GitHub

Regards,

Hi,

Philippe, Thanks for your input.
Please do you know when the official release of Capella-6.1 will be available?

@pdulth

Kind Regards,

Valéry