Migrate to 5.0.0

Hi Thierry,
It is great that you found your issue.
I am not sure to understand why you have to merge diagrams as they should be migrated automatically as well.
But in any case, if you’re having an out of memory issue, this means that you should increase the memory allocated to Capella when you launch it.
To do this, got to the folder where you installed Capella, edit the eclipse.ini file (actually cpaella.ini file in Capella 5.0.0), and increase de -Xmx parameter, for instance try -Xmx6000m
Stephane

They migrate, the point is to have them in the model to migrate. The issue is in the merge in C1.4.2: I have to use a project where the model files are at the root level. I manage to merge my model in a fresh one at the root level… but only without the diagrams.
I tried before just to move them : the result is that all links between objects are broken, so I cannot transform scenarios or transition items.
So I’m now looking for a process moving my 1.4.2 model to the root level or may be should I move the project file toward the model files?
(The project is at root level)
About memory size: what is the reasonable limit in the xmx value? (I have 16GB in RAM)
Thanks
Thierry

I am certainly not an expert in xmx value but I would say that the may idea is to avoid setting a value that would end up having your machine swap memory on disk. So if you have 16 Gig, let’s say windows and other apps take around 6 Gig, you are good to go up to 8 Gig on xmx
Stephane

I have one last question: why after migration, the migration command still appear and runs something when we activate it?