Layout differences in compare view but not in git

Hello to all,

I will try to clarify my title
When I perform a compare using the EMF diff/merge between my model opened in capella and the HEAD revision in git, and although there are no differences, i.e. nothing to commit, I still get several (possibly hundreds/thousands in my actual work model) of “layout” diffs, but those diffs are not “real”, at least I cannot commit them and then get a clean diff.

I think there might be something wrong with my model, and capella is “correcting” the layout somehow when it opens it, hence the diffs ?
Has someone faced this problem ?

I know I can filter the layout differences in the diff/merge view since 5.1.0 (see answers to my previous post https://forum.mbse-capella.org/t/hide-layout-diffs-in-diff-merge-view/4889), but I would rather not have these spurious diffs in the first place.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Cedric

Hi,

You may want to check the “EMF Diff/Merge Guide” chapter in Capella Help.
The Capella diff/merge is about comparing the semantic data in the .capella file (or .melodymodeller file in older versions). The differences in layout are not considered in this case.

Hope this helps

Hello,
I thinks it’s a bug from Capella which tries to apply some technical migration on the diagrams when performing a comparision with a previous commit.
You can ignore the differences for now.
I think the bug will be resolved in next version.

1 Like

Hi,
Ok, good to know,
Would “next version” be 6.0 ?
In case anyone has a link this particular bug report I am interested

Thank you both,
Cheers

Hi,

Issue is #2256 but not yet planned for 6.0 release.

Regards
Philippe