Issue when installing requirement add-on

Hi,
I installed Capella 6.1, and I’m trying to add the requirement viewpoint add-on v0.13.1.
It seems that there are some library incompatibilities:
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
Software being installed: CapellaRequirements Feature Developer Resources 0.13.1.202303011400 (org.polarsys.capella.vp.requirements.feature.source.feature.group 0.13.1.202303011400)
Software currently installed: Capella Studio Product 6.1.0.202303291548 (org.polarsys.capella.studio.releng.product 6.1.0.202303291548)
Only one of the following can be installed at once:
Model Co-Evolution Framework (Incubation) 0.14.1.202303210912 (org.eclipse.emf.diffmerge.coevolution.sdk.feature.feature.jar 0.14.1.202303210912)
Model Co-Evolution Framework (Incubation) 0.14.0.202208171209 (org.eclipse.emf.diffmerge.coevolution.sdk.feature.feature.jar 0.14.0.202208171209)
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Model Co-Evolution Framework (Incubation) 0.14.0.202208171209 (org.eclipse.emf.diffmerge.coevolution.sdk.feature.feature.group 0.14.0.202208171209)
To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.emf.diffmerge.coevolution.sdk.feature.feature.jar [0.14.0.202208171209,0.14.0.202208171209]
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Model Co-Evolution Framework (Incubation) 0.14.1.202303210912 (org.eclipse.emf.diffmerge.coevolution.sdk.feature.feature.group 0.14.1.202303210912)

Any idea how I can solve this conflict?
Best Regards,
Samuel

Apparently you have not installed Capella 6.1 but Capella Studio 6.1

+1, good catch.
I installed Capella Studio 6.1 considering the use of M2Doc and started to work with…
I installed Capella 6.1 with the add-on and it works as described (still have to figure out why req. relation type is empty, but this is RTFM ;-))
Now I have to figure out which version I want to use or find a way to merge with the M2Doc package.
Samuel

Following the information on this page, you should be good: Capella M2Doc tutorial - M2Doc
You don’t need Capella Studio for working with M2Doc. I am even surprised it is working. Capella users using M2Doc use it with Capella in general, not Capella Studio.

Hi Stephane,
I now have a Capella 6.1 which works with M2Doc plugin and requirement add-on.
Going deeper in details about requirement management and following:

I’m not able to specify the type of requirement association, I have an empty type list.

I didn’t find yet what I missed.
Samuel

Hello Samuel,

The issue may arise from where you have created your requirements relations. If they are not situated at the same architectural level as your Requirements Module, they may not be visible when you need to specify the type of requirement association. Could you please provide a screenshot of your project tree?

Best regards,
Romain

Thank you Romain for your explanation, I tested again on a project from scratch and I have the same issue
I suspect an misuse in my initialization / way of thinking.
TestRequirements.zip (8.9 KB)
The project is also attached.
Best Regards,
Samuel

And associated plugins versions:

Hello Samuel,

What’s lacking in your project is the absence of a Requirements Capella Module in which you can store your requirement information, such as types, relationships, and status. Here is an example of a functional Requirements Module created using the Capella Documentation :
https://github.com/eclipse/capella-requirements-vp/blob/master/plugins/org.polarsys.capella.vp.requirements.doc/html/3_userguide/3a_edition.mediawiki

Here, applied to your example project :

Once those three relations are created, you can allocate your requirements to your activity using the relevant relation type.

Best regards,
Romain

Hello Romain,
it’s clear now: I had in mine that there was a default requirement management profile based on existing notation, i.e. SysML
However, it seems that I still have a small detail to figure out:
Within the Capella Project explorer view, I have access to all “add capella element” menu, but when the capella Types folder is created, it is not part of this view, but part of the model explorer view.
Adding types can therefore only be done in the [Capella Module]
Capella Project explorer view:
Model Explorer view:

Is there a specific perspective that shall be installed, or specific view?
Thanks by advance,
Samuel

Hello Samuel,

To display the Capella Types folder in the Project Explorer view, simply hit the three dots at the upper part of the explorer, followed by a click on “Filters and customization.” From there, type “Requirements” and deselect any items that you don’t want to filter :

Moreover, to guarantee optimal functionality, relocate your requirement types to the Capella Types Folder, rather than the Requirements Capella Module showcased in your screenshot. This adjustment ensures that all requirement types will be visible in both the project explorer view and the model explorer view.

Best regards,
Romain

Hello Romain,
Thank you for your explanations, this solve my issues.
BR,
Samuel