Issue that occurs after deploying Capella

Hello,
I worked on a tool as a Capella extension and it was actually working fine before deployment (i.e., before exporting it as a deployable feature). However, when I deployed it to the Capella folder (dropins folder) it does not function properly as it was before the deployment. There are two main issues:

  1. To create some elements, I used Tool element (the one that has a hammer icon!) in the odesign file. These tools are shown in the tool palette after deployment but unfortunately none of these tools work. When I select the tool from the palette, it shows a Forbidden icon and does not allow me to create the element on the diagram.
  2. I created a tab in my Activity Explorer which works fine before deployment, but the tab is not shown at all after the deployment.
    So, do you have any explanation for these issues?
    Thanks.
    Best,
    Parsa

I could fix the first issue by changing some OCL expressions to java services, but the second issue on the Activity Explorer still remains. Any idea?
Thanks,
Parsa

Hello Parsa,
Are you using the same version of Capella between your development environment and your deployment environment?
(what version of Capella Studio / Capella are you using?)
Also, are you using the same version of Java?
(beware, while developing your extension, a minimum Java version is defined in the overview tab of the plugin.xml file of each plugin. If your deployment environment has a lower version of Java, your plugin will not work)

Hello Aurelien,
I am using Capella_studio-1.2.0-neon and Capella-1.2.1 (I guess it had the same issue on Capella 1.1.4 and 1.2.0 also). I checked the Java version and it is 1.6, how should I check the Java version of the deployment environment? Do you mean the one in the preferences?
It’s actually weird that everything works but the Activity Explorer!
Thanks,
Parsa

Hello Parsa,
Yes you can check the Java version of you Capella environment by going to Help / Installation Details then going to the Configuration tab.
You should then find a line with java.version=[your java version].

Hi Aurelien,
I just checked the two java versions. Both are showing java.version=1.8.0_181 . I guess something else is prevent the activity explorer to properly work. I guess this post is also related to the same issue:
https://forum.mbse-capella.org/t/619/
Best,
Parsa

Copyright © Eclipse Capella, the Eclipse Capella logo, Eclipse and the Eclipse logo are Trademarks of The Eclipse Foundation.