Is it possible to generate the Project.data.vptxt from the project.ecore?

Hello,
I know that Capella Studio allow to go from Project.data.vptxt → into Project.ecore. Similarily to this :

I was wondering if it was ever possible to follow the opposite path, meaning you could add an EClass in the tree editor of Porject.ecore and then having them translated into code in Project…vptxt.

I tried adding an EClass in the ecore editor, and it did not show up in the data.vptxt…

Thanks

Hi,

The Ecore and vptxt files are not tightly coupled so yoir modification in the Ecore will not be impacted on the vptxt automatically.
But ! There is a feature in the tooling to generate the vptxt content from an ecore file:

This feature is targeting the generation of a brand new vpdsl project, generation on an already existing project may break the existing content. I advise you to backup your existing content before doing so. Or you can generate a new vpdsl project and merge the generated content.

Regards,
Arnaud

1 Like

Great! I just tried it, but it seems to generate only the “.pvdesc” file, the following are missing for instance:

• spec.vptext
  • data.vptext

And the .data.vptext as “illustrated” in the vpdesc of the newly generated “project” seems to be containing no Classes:

Edit

Edit: I usually start working from the spec.vptext (where you can add manually all the other .vptext files), not sure how to start from a fresh .vpdesc…

Edit:
I tried the “generate vptext files”:

But they are empty:

Regards,
KaBe

And can you get the ecore or vptext from the odesign file?

Hi,

This should not be the case. Which version of Capella Studio do you use ? Can you share the .ecore ?

The odesign refers to the ecore and the diagram.vptext refers to the .odesign. But if you have the odesign you should have the ecore on some other plugin.

Regards,
Arnaud

1 Like

Hello @ArnaudDieumegard , Yes I can:
Here is is:
QualityAssessment.ecore (4.6 KB)

I am using Capella Studio 5.1
When I tried the reverse I unfortunately got empty vptext files

Oh i see but that would not be possible to just a odesign to get a full vptext file? Actually I wanted to experiment with odesign, to observe the “new code” reflected.