Importing ReqIF file

I’m trying to import a ReqIF file but have so far been unsuccessful
I have the requirements viewpoint - added using the dropin
I have referenced it and the requirements options are available in the palette.
The help at this point says to "Right click on an Architecture element of your model and select “Requirements Viewpoint” > “Import from ReqIF”: this is where some confusion is introduced.
Previously in the help you reference the viewpoint by “Once the view is open, select an element of your model. Then in the view, right click on the “Capella Requirements” view and click on “Reference”.”.
The difference between the an Architecture element and an element of the model is subtle and in the Capella Project Explorer section of the Capella Guide what is referred to as an Architecture element is referred to as a model element
Regardless, if I try the ReqIF import, then it appears as if the ReqIF file contains no requirements, I’ve attached the ReqIF file (generated from DOORS NG 6.0.4) I’m trying to import which contains one requirement 8737.
Am I doing anything wrong? I’m using Capella 1.3.0 if it helps
Thanks
Stu

I have tried to import your file and failed to import it both in Capella 1.2 and 1.3
I am not a Doors or ReqIf expert and I am not able to analyze what is wrong with this file. What I can do is to give you one reqif example for comparison.

Thanks Stephane, I will take a look and see if there are any differences
I did see that you export came from DOORS rather than DOORS NG have you ever successfully imported a reqif file from DOORS NG?

Never tried, sorry

Hi Stuart,
The Capella development team should be able to investigate the issue next week.

Thanks Stephane
I found that if you store the requirements within a module in DOORS NG and then export that as a reqif then you get some success when importing the reqif into Capella.
But it looks like there are differences in the field names in a DOORS classic and DOORS NG reqif export. For example the mandatory field PU ID in the Capella import is not a field in the DOORS NG reqif export
Thanks
Stu

Good news! I believe we have previously successfully managed to import ReqIf files without the PUID attribute. We can investigate if needed.

Hi,
we will analyse it soon.
Do you read the embebbed Help documentation of this addon 0.10.0?
There is a section “Preferences” dealing with an option “Force DOORS RMF usage check while importing requirements” (i.e. IE PUID).
Best regards,
Michel

Hi. I did see this feature
With the preference checked I get the result in FORCE DOORS RMF usage check while importing requirements - on.JPG, the top level module attributes and no requirement under it. With the preference unchecked (the default) I get the result in FORCE DOORS RMF usage check while importing requirements - off.JPG, both the module attributes are imported as before and the requirement in the module is imported. If I add the requirement to a diagram then I get the result in requirement.JPG, there ID is not associated with the requirement object, either on the display or the properties tab. All the Definitions of the String Value Attributes are
When you successfully imported the requirements did you have the same result?
Thanks
Stu

Hello,
As you already remarked that if you store the requirements within a module in DOORS NG and then export that as a reqif then you get some success when importing the reqif into Capella.
The reason your attached model “Requirements.reqif” can not be imported into Capella is exactly that. There isn’t any Module in that model.
In fact, the importer of this viewpoint imports only requirements found under modules. If there is no module, then no requirement will be imported.
If you use Doors to export a ReqIF file, it is recommended to export requirements within modules because it helps to preserve the hierarchical structure of requirements.
In the next release 0.10.1 of this viewpoint, we add verification for this before launching the import.
If the option “Force DOORS RMF usage check while importing requirements” is unchecked, the importer will import requirements even if they don’t have Doors RMF mandatory attributes, such as IE PUID.
We have the same results as you: some attributes are undefined for the imported requirement. In fact it is a bug of the importer. We’ve fixed that for the next release. You can find in attached, what will look like after the fix. We have also improved the preferences for selecting attributes to be imported (see attached image).
I hope the answer resolves your problems.
Best regards,
Bang

For information, a new version of the Capella ReqIf import is now available for download. It is supposed to fix the importing issue you encountered Stuart.
Best regards,