How to fix broken transitioning

Hello,

(This is on Capella 6.1)

My post is related to an issue I encountered with Capella several weeks ago (reported as GitHub issue 2794). I got no reply to it.

The symptom is demonstrated as follows:

First transition
I transition a functional chain, and it works fine:

1. I select the chain, select transition
  2. Widget opens up listing all elements to be transitioned in the left pane.
  3. Press Apply

Everything gets ported over to the next phase (System to Logical or Logical to Physical) as expected.

Next transition
I immediately follow this with another transition of the same functional chain, using the same steps as before.

But in the step 2 above, the left pane is not empty as expected, but is populated with same elements as before.

When I press Apply, the transition is performed.

The final result is that I get duplicate elements in the next phase. The duplicates have the same name, but different object ID’s.

My problem is that various elements get duplicated during transitioning of new model elements, and my next phase is cluttered with multiple versions of the same element, all with different properties.

I was able to work around it for now. But the model is getting complex enough that my workarounds are effective anymore, and I am thinking of rebuilding the model from scratch.

Before I do that, I am wondering if other options are possible:

• Is there a setting that turns on and off the observed behavior (maybe I turned it on by accident)?
  • Can I export the model contents in some format, and import it into a new model (something like when the model is imported into a new version of Capella)?
  • Other?

Thanks,