Generic Matrices views on Capella

Hi,
is it possible to create generic matrix views in Capella, specially relationship matrices where I can configure the elements class on the axes and the relationships on the crossings? (perhaps with some sort of filter like the one in the PVMT extension)
I’d like to be able to crate DSMs (or N² diagrams) and generic relationship matrices like the one on the image attached.

relationship-matrix-processes-applications.png
relationship-matrix-processes-applications.png

Hi Fabio,
Please find enclosed an excel spreadsheet explaining how you can build N2 cross tables showing (as an example) connections between Entities/Actors.
I put the explanations on how to use it inside the excel spreadsheet (by doing 2 Mass View CSV export), it is supposed to be self-explanatory but maybe it is not, so let me know if you have questions.
All the best,
Stephane
Obeo Canada

Entities cross-tables.xlsx
Entities cross-tables.xlsx

1 Like

Hi Stephane,
Thanks for you time on generating the spreadsheet. I followed the instructions and was able to generate an N² matrix from the diagram but I see some problems with this approach:
-I couldn’t find a way of filtering the objects to consider on the matrix. The only way I was able to build the Mass editing view was to manually select each of the relationships I wanted to analyze and then generate the CSV. This is not feasible for big models.
-When exporting the data to a CSV the elements names are used as reference which makes possible confusion of elements with the same name in the matrix
This is a clever workaround when an N² needs to be generated once but, for production and for generating views, specially for checking relationships on large models, I think a generic relationship matrix feature implemented in the tool would be required.
Kind regards

Hi Fabio,
Yes, I definitely agree there is room for improvement here! Things will probably improve in the future, but we would welcome any financial help in making this happen faster!
Stephane
Obeo Canada

hi! Was there any update on this, from a Capella capability stand-point? Or the way is going through python4capella?

best ricardo

Py4C is the way I think :slight_smile:

1 Like