Functional Exchanges coming to/leaving the same Function Port

I can easily understand several functional exchanges from one Function Output Port to several Function Input Port like that :
But I was very surprised
to see I can do the contrary. I can have several Functional Exchanges coming to the same Input Port like that
So, with this representation, how can we know which Functional Exchange is “entering” the SystemFunction 4? For instance, if I have a signal that can be triggered by several functions (SF1 to SF3) and is an entry for another function.
Shouldn’t be better to use a
Gather Function? In order to “show” a decision or something equivalent to decide which one the receiving function should take into consideration…
To sum up, what is the correct representation of Functional Exchanges coming to/leaving the same Function Port in Capella?
Directly connecting them to Function Ports or using “intermediate” functions like Duplicate, Gather or Split ?
If someone could enlighten me on this subject…
Thanks

Hi,
Both diagrams do not have the same meaning:

• In the first one, there are three distincts functional exchanges thus meaning three possible paths for a given Functional Chain ;
  • In the second example, you are using a “Gather” computation node. It depicts a case where “SystemFunction4” needs data from all SystemFunctions 1, 2 and 3 to execute.
    Regards,
    Christophe.

Thanks for your answer Christophe.
To be sure to understand, when I create this diagram
it means SystemFunction 4 needs signal from SystemFunction 1 OR SystemFunction 2 OR SystemFunction 3. Another way to say it could be SF4 can execute when only one function (between SF1, SF2 and SF3) send signal.
Whereas when I create this one
it means SystemFunction 4 needs signal from SystemFunction 1 AND SystemFunction 2 AND SystemFunction 3 as you said
Christophe Gatti wrote on Tue, 05 May 2015 15:52
“SystemFunction4” needs data from all SystemFunctions 1, 2 and 3 to execute.
Is it exact?

That’s what it is.
Do not hesitate if you need further information.
Best regards,
Christophe.

Hello,
Under the Root System Function, you can create a function package and drag & drop all the categories within this package.
Moreover, if required, it is possible to define new filters for the Capella Project Explorer programmatically.