Functional exchange enrichement

Dear all,
I am trying to enrich Capella by creating a viewpoint in the logical layer in order to answer to a set of requirements.
First, I have work flow diagram (DAG directed Acyclic Graph) that I want to implement using a Capella viewpoint. The graph is composed of nodes that represent the functions, and signals that connect the nodes which are represented by edges.
Until now, I’m extending the logicalArchitectureBlank LAB diagram and create a class called function which extends the la.logicalFunction element.
I have also introduced the new characteristics of the new function mentioned in my specification.
Now, all i need is to create the signals that connects the nodes. I thought of two ways. Either using the functionExchange link to connect the DAG functions or by creating a new node that represents the signal and then connect the functions to the signals using simple edges.
My problem is that :
I need to extend the functionalexchange element to add and enrich the link with the signal characteristics, but I don’t know which class I should extend neither in the data file nor in the diagram file
In case I want to represent the signal as a node, I either go higher in the with an abstraction that will gather both the function and signal. Each component (signal or function) has its own properties.
Actually I prefer implementing the first one(signal with edge)
extend the functional exchange link and add the new properties.

DAG.PNG
dataFileVP.PNG
DiagramFile.PNG
signalWithEdge.PNG
DAG.PNG
dataFileVP.PNG
DiagramFile.PNG
signalWithEdge.PNG