Functional Chain EDIT

Hello,

I just download Capella 5.1 and i’m trying to edit a functional chain. After creation, by right clicking on it, i don’t have the option ; create new Diagram/table => functional chain description

Previously, while using an older capella version, by doing this i could update a functional chain and even link different fonctional chain together. Is this capability removed from the software?

Regards,
Thib

1 Like

Hi Thib,

For me, it is working as expected on all SAB/LAB/PAB diagrams in Capella 5.1.0 on Windows.

Could you give more information: which diagram/engineering perspective, did you migrate a model or create it from scratch?

Stephane

Hello Stephane,

I’m working on a model started from scratch on 5.1.0 on Windows 10. I was working under 1.4 and switched to the latest version because of this issue. I’m using a LAB diagram. When right clicking on the functional chain in the ‘Project Explorer’, i have the “Add Capella Element” as shown heredunder:

But i don’t have the possibility to create a new diagram (LFCD if i remember well). On an older version i was using (1.2), i can do it.

What you are trying to do is working in Capella 1.4.x and Capella 5.x
The only reason I see why you do not have this menu is that when you created your Capella project, you did not select the “Common” Viewpoint, this is where these diagrams are stored:
i1

Let me know if this fixes your issue.
Stephane Lacrampe
Obeo Canada

Thanks Stephane for your fast answer, it’s most likely the issue! I’ve only selected System/Logical/Physical…
Is it possible to change it once the project created?

Thib

I don’t think it is possible to change it. You may create a new project and then use the Transfer View to transfer model elements from one project to the other.
For using the transfer view: what I would advise first is to create a New Capella Library, and then reference it in your old Capella project (by right clicking on the aird file):
9.2. Basic Use Case_html_m74f004a7
Don’t forget to set the reference to Write rights in the third tab whene referencing the library.
Then you can use the transfer view, look at the documentation section 4.12 - Transfer View , this is a little bit tricky…

Honestly, when I am creating a Capella project, I just enter a name for it and click finish directly, so having all the viewpoints selected by default. I am not saying this is what everyone should do, I am just saying this is what I am doing… But in any case, I think the Common and Architecture Viewpoints should always be selected…

Stephane