Free M2Doc templates for Capella from real projects

I’ve be using Capella in several projects and developed M2Doc templates for document publishing.

Now I would like to share this templates with the community

You can find them on bitbucket

I don’t think that it will be easy to start use them from scratch.
Some instructions and example projects are needed to start. I am ready to add them on the next step.

Main features

• templates were used with Capella 1.3.1 and M2Doc 3.0 night builds
  • templates needs to be localized (Russian words are used in many cases)
  • M2Doc was used to publish word documents that were converted to html using pandoc
  • templates were used to generate documents for Capella projects and libraries with cross references between them in html
  • templates are modular and combined template are build from several templates (see combine.py script)
  • several M2Doc services were developed. they are needed to be installed into Capella/dropins to be able to use templates
  • there is a docker image with Capella 1.3.1 and M2Doc preinstalled that can be used to publish documents from command line

I assume that these templates could be usefull as an examples of M2Doc usage.

Feel free to contact me with questions.

If someone is interested in template enhancements or creating full publishing solution I am ready to collaborate.

I am also interested in creating Capella document publishing solution for Open MBEE

Regards,
Dmitry Ryzhov

1 Like

Hi Dimitry,

If you think some services you wrote can be useful for others, I can integrate them in the M2Doc Capella extension or M2Doc.

regards,
Yvan Lussaud.

Great! I will make initial description of services. After I will extract m2doc customization project as separate repository I will share them also.

Hi Dmitry.

In CT PARIS, we both work with fully-created Word templates, and also with ‘functions’ templates, that enables anyone (especially those who are not familar with coding) to create easily their own Word template.

Those functions templates are simples, (One can be display the required PAB diagram, another to describe a requirement in a pre-formatted way…), but reveals very useful.

I think there is no problem for us to share those to everyone. A Wiki format can be very appropriate in my opinion.

Feel free to contact me (julien.morane@ctingenierie.com) if you want to discuss this topic.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for sharing these templates. Regarding your last point about OpenMBEE, you may want to check the existing prototype Capella connector in the Capella Labs:
labs4capella/mms-capella: OpenMBEE MMS Connector for Capella (github.com)