Exchanged Item in IN/OUT ports, functional Exchanged and Component exchanged

Hi,
I was wondering how come in a functional exchanged between two parts, the IN port, the OUT port and the Functional exchanged btw them can carry different Exchanged Item? for exemple In_Port carries audio frame, OUT_port carries a video frame and the functional exchanged between them carries let’s say a multimedia steam? I agry, this is sementicaly incorrect. The question is why it is possible to put different exchanged item at each part? I was expecting to find a sort of consistency. In addition, even the Component exchanged where the functional exchanged is allocated can carries a completely different exchanged Item. What’s the point?
That you for your contribution,
Best kind.

The rule that has to be checked is that
the Exchange Items associated to a Functional Exchange have to be a subset of the Exchange Items the source and target Ports have in common. A validation rule is checking that and a quick fix allows to automatically and recursively propagate the Exchange Items carried by a Functional Exchange to its source and target Ports.
For example, the following situation leads to a warning:
For the component exchanges, the basic rule is that you should not specify the exchange items, as they can be deduced from the allocated functional exchanges.

Stephane Bonnet wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 03:13
For the component exchanges, the basic rule is that you should not specify the exchange items, as they can be deduced from the allocated functional exchanges.
Indeed, when I left “Allocated Exchange Items” field , validator doesn’t report any warning and exchange items are still visible on component exchange. What is a reason for this field to be there, if it seems to be redundant?

Hello,
This field is here to allow identifying a Exchange Item which is available between two components, but not related to any functional analysis.
It can be the case for example if you have a partial functional analysis or if the information is available but not yet used by any functional exchange (provision) or not used anymore (legacy).