Editor to create refiq files for Requirements VP

Hi all,
I’m looking for an open source Requirements Modeling Framework which is able to produce .reqif files importable in Capellas Requirements VP.

A while ago Eclipse provided the ProR Requirements Engineering Platform to edit/create reqIF requirements files. Unfortunately the link to the latest build doesn’t seem to include the ProR editor.

It seems that meanwhile the name of the editor changed to ReqIF Studio and the download moved to another URL. I tried to register there to download the editor, but the register process seems to be defective.

Does anyone know a link from where I can get the last ProR Platform or have a suggestion for another open source ReqIF editor which is able to produce .reqif files?

Thanks for your answers!

Hi, I was also looking at this a few weeks back, but didn’t get as far as trying to download.

I would try and reach out to Michael Jastram via LinkedIn, its his page which is linked from the ReqIF academy page. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jastram/?originalSubdomain=de

Please let us know how you get on.

Alternatively, although not open source, do you have access to Matlab. That is a commonly available alternative way to generate ReqIF files.

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your answer!

I will give your suggestions a try and let you know.

I don’t have access to Matlab but maybe Octave (is the alternative I use) provides that as well. I will check.

Best Regards,
Mike

Hi,
in the past I have used ReqIF Studio. Recently, I have been using pyreqif

It allows to convert xlsx files to ReqIF format.

1 Like

ReqView can export ReqIF files compatible with Capella, have a look at Export Requirements to ReqIF | ReqView

Hi all,
I wrote a py4c script for exporting requirement modules to ReqIF. It is based on pyreqif and because of its limitations it is able to manage only xhtml attributes.