Displaying Property Value Groups from a library project

Hi,
I am using a capella library project to predefine property value groups that I wish to recall in other projects once I reference the library in them. I started by creating 2 property value groups in the library, and the group called ‘PropertyValueGroup 1’ has a property called ‘FloatPropertyValue 1’ that sits underneath it in the Capella Project Explorer hierarchy (This is shown in the first image attached).
I then double clicked on ‘PropertyValueGroup 2’ and applied ‘FloatPropertyValue 1’ to it, this can be seen in the second image.
I then created a standard Capella project and referenced the library in it. In this standard project, I proceeded to make a PAB diagram and created a single PC Node on the diagram. By double clicking on the node in the diagram and going to the ‘Extensions’ tab, I tried to apply to it the property value groups which I had earlier defined in the library. However, I found that there were no options to pick from (as shown in the third image).
Shouldn’t the property value groups defined in the library be presenting themselves as options to be applied to the PC Node?
I am able to drag these property value groups from the project explorer to the diagram so that they appear, but cannot seem to apply them to the PC Node (As shown in the fourth image). I also noted that ‘FloatPropertyValue 1’ only appears under ‘PropertyValueGroup 1’ in the diagram, even though I also applied this float property to ‘PropertyValueGroup 2’ as I was building the library (This is what the second image showed). Is this meant to happen?
Thanks

Out of curiosity, have you had a look to the Capella PVMT add-on? It is an add-on dedicated to improving the way Property Values are managed in Capella.
If not, I would advise you to check the dedicated webinar:
https://youtu.be/ieVmw54YE94

Hi Stephane, thanks for the reply.
Yes I am currently using the PVMT add-on to manage some of my properties. However, I have not found a way to exploit this add-on to allow me to manage properties that exist in two separate models. This is essentially boiling down to the bigger question of how multiple models can be connected together.
Speaking in the terminology of PVMT, I will use an example of what I am trying to do. I wish to create a domain which would be structured like the following:
Domain 1
Extension 1
Property 1
Property 2
Extension 2
Property 1
Property 3
I wish for this Domain to be referenced by 2 separate models/projects - model 1 and model 2. Extension 1 is called in model 1 and the user will input values for property 1 and property 2. Now, I move to my second model and call in Extension 2 and the user will input a value for property 3, however, Extension 2 also contains property 1 and the value for this property was filled in model 1. I haven’t found a way to make sure that the value for property 1, that was filled in for model 1 in Extension 1, remains the same as the property 1 that lives in Extension 2. The result of this is that property 1 is able to hold different values in both Extensions 1 and 2, and thus model 1 and model 2 will not be consistent with each other.
This is why I have moved to a library project to manage some of my properties that are required to be consistent across different models. i.e. I can have model 1 and model 2 both referencing the same library project, and this library project is where property 1 would be held.
I hope this provides more clarity.
Thanks.

It did indeed bring more clarity, but unfortunately, I don’t see any way to achieve that even with PVMT, sorry.

In capella, there are restrictions references across project/model boundaries. IMO these restrictions are very conservative. Stephane, IMO, it should be possible to reference PV/PVG from Libraries via appliedPropertyValues, or do you have objections?

I agree some restrictions could be released and the one about PV in particular.
But I don’t really how this would help here.

Stephane Bonnet wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 01:56
But I don’t really how this would help here.
OP said:
Quote:
I then created a standard Capella project and referenced the library in it. In this standard project, I proceeded to make a PAB diagram and created a single PC Node on the diagram. By double clicking on the node in the diagram and going to the ‘Extensions’ tab, I tried to apply to it the property value groups which I had earlier defined in the library. However, I found that there were no options to pick from (as shown in the third image).
That is caused by the reference restrictions. If we remove them, he can select the library PVs.