Description property NOT contextual to the selected model element

I am using Capella6.1.0 and noticed that when editing the Description property of one model element within one diagram this description is automatically applied to all the other model elements in the same diagram, preventing the description property to be contextual to the selected model element.
This was not happening with previous versions of Capella.
Has someone experienced the same? How do I fix it?

This is odd… That seems to work nicely on my side. What OS are you? Any particular diagram?

It is indeed strange to me as well.
I have a new company laptop and installed Capella from scratch. The OS is Windows 11 Business 64-bit.
I am in the operational analysis and just tested with a simple OCB diagram. But, it seems to be not diagram/layer dependent as I have the same issue also in the SA and LA layers.

Hum, never heard of this behaviour. I would try to re-install Capella, making sure that you unzip it in a folder close to your disk root. Also maybe use Winzip for unziping to make sure there are no folders that has path problems. The widget used for the Description is a tricky one and there can sometimes be issues with too long paths. But this is just a guess…
Stephane

Thanks Stephane!
I will try re-installing although currently the unzipped folder is in
C:\Users\UserName\CAPELLA-6.1.0_INSTAL_DIR\capella
so already close to the disk root and no warning were showing up during the unzipping (usually it happens when the path length is exceeded).

Hi Stephane, after some tests I finally was able to have a workable version of Capella.
As you were supposing, the issue was on the unzipping tool. The embedded unzipping from Windows, although not showing any error message, was not successful in practice. I tried with Winzip and it seems working properly now.
Thanks a lot for the support!

1 Like

I am glad I could help!