Deployed behavioral components in Project Explorer do not show up under the "parent"

As you can see from the picture, I have 2 Node PC which I think I created in the exact same way.
Each of them has 2 deployed behavioral components and this is confirmed if you look at the semantic browser.
Still, in the Project Explorer, I cannot get “Antrieb A” and “Einsatz A” to show up under “NABx0 AA031”.

Why is that? What can I do to solve this?

Many thanks

You should not have been able to create those behavioral components under the Node component. There is not supposed to be a parent relationship between Node and Behaviour components, but a “deployment” relationship. Look under the IFE sample model, the behavior components have their own hierarchy, separated from the Node ones.
There is an option in the Capella preferences that allows you to nest them, but it is not recommended to activate this option.
Stephane

1 Like

Oh, yes, I see that now!
Thank you.

I think I still struggle to fully understand how to use the different types of objects in the Physical Architecture. Especially with deployment.
When modelling machines (or any systems mainly made of tangible objects), my Behavior PCs end up being things which are very physical, and this makes it difficult to know where use “yellow” and where to use “blue”. Many times it would make more sense to me to allocate a function directly on a PC, for example when it is a valve connected to a pump by a pipe which is a physical link, and it opens and closes.
Any advice on how to make this decision smartly and coherently?

Hi
The rule I follow:
blue (Behavior PC) are functional roles which run allocated functions
yellow (Node PC) are material product playing the role of deployed BPC.
In physical architecture you have to support the system functions : physical functions and BPC are realizing or are children of some realizing the logical ones. But you have to prevent pollution (unchosen emission-some may occur in the system functional part as well), parasite (unchosen reception that combines with chosen ones in functions entries) and exposure (unchosen received items that affect the material constituting the node) due to NPC nature compared to its environment. For this I use to deploy a fresh BPC allocating functions like “resist to” and carry the relevant exchanged items in fresh FE. This data depends on your system design: in particular the DMU which sets proximities. Each of your NPC should have a correspondant in your 3D CAD view. This applies only for hardware system, as softwares or virtuals are not concerned by this stuff… Softwares residing on several ECUs makes a hardware system and data exchange needs an equivalent wire.
Hope this helps

1 Like