I have been trying to create an SVN repository on a sharedrive in order to share models and allow collaborative work within my team. I followed the defined procedure but I was unsuccessfull.
I have the following message in the console window (+ an error Pop up, see attachment)
Couldn’t open a repository
svn: Unable to connect to a repository at URL ’
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository ’
I need more information so that I could investigate on your issue.
- Did you create the svn repository using capella and svn view?
Could you check on the SVN preferences page (check under Window -> Preference -> Team -> SVN) and make sure there is an entry for SVN Interface?
Otherwise, this issue means you did not install an adapter for svn in Capella (like SVNKit Adapter or JavaHL Adapter) and to solve the issue, you muse install SVN Client Adapter, SVNKit Adapter, and SVNKit Library (by replaying the installation procedure in wrote on a fresh install of Capella).
Thanks for the answer.
I created the SVN repository using in Capella the add SVN repository command.
I also took a snapshot of the window you described. Is it ok?
Note that I already have some SVN repositories in a former version of Capella. So it used to work…
In order to install an SVN adapter for Capella, please follow this procedure:
- Start Capella
- Go to Help menu > Install New Software
- Browse the list of update sites
- Select the site corresponding to your installation of Capella (in your case, Juno)
- Type “svn” in the filter list
- In the results, tick the Subversive SVN Team Provider option
- Continue and wait for installation
- Restart Capella when prompted
- From now, there are two options to install the adapter:
** Open the SVN repositories view, it will trigger the adapter installation
** Open the preferences and select Team > SVN > SVN Connector tab then Get Connectors button