Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link

Hi Community, happy monday.
I have a project (Project A) in which I have defined multiple RECs, and then used RPLs of these throughout. Speaking to re-usability in different scenarios, I would like to split the REC from Project A, into a library while maintaining the links (for updates, etc.) to the RPLs remaining in Project A. This is because I would like to also use RPLs of these RECs in additional projects representing different configurations of my reconfigurable system.
Any thoughts?
Comparing models & merging to a library i believe will not bring the link over…
Thanks all!
Brandon

Hi Community, happy monday.
I have a project (Project A) in which I have defined multiple RECs, and then used RPLs of these throughout. Speaking to re-usability in different scenarios, I would like to split the REC from Project A, into a library while maintaining the links (for updates, etc.) to the RPLs remaining in Project A. This is because I would like to also use RPLs of these RECs in additional projects representing different configurations of my reconfigurable system.
Any thoughts?
Comparing models & merging to a library i believe will not bring the link over…
Thanks all!
Brandon

Hello,
The best solution would be to have all your REC in a Library model that would be imported by the projects that instantiate them, including Project A.
Starting from where you are, if I understand well:

• You can transform Project A into a Library model (cf.
    https://forum.mbse-capella.org/t/826/) and import it into the other Projects
  • You can create a Library based on Project A (either using the same trick or diff-merge) and import it in Project A (rebuilding the instances) and into the other projects
    Hope it helps

Hello,
The best solution would be to have all your REC in a Library model that would be imported by the projects that instantiate them, including Project A.
Starting from where you are, if I understand well:

• You can transform Project A into a Library model (cf.
    https://forum.mbse-capella.org/t/826/) and import it into the other Projects
  • You can create a Library based on Project A (either using the same trick or diff-merge) and import it in Project A (rebuilding the instances) and into the other projects
    Hope it helps

Score, yeah. That’ll work. Thanks Juan…didnt think that was an option! :slight_smile:

Score, yeah. That’ll work. Thanks Juan…didnt think that was an option! :slight_smile: