Classes in CDB diagram

Hello,

I am doing my first data model using the CDB diagram but I am struggling with the concepts here presented.
I know that interfaces use exchange items and EI´s require classes to be defined. Here is my problem, there are a lot of options under classes folder. I only know how to model a physical magnitud: using physical quantity and its units. But, per example, I do not know how to model a transfer data between a pump and a control cabinet (control signals, start/stop and pump status performance).

Is there any reference where I can read about the uses of each item under classes folder? Or anyone could tell me which are the most useful items/options and how tu use them?

Thanks in advance.
Miguel.

Have you taken a look at the example data models that are embedded in the In-Flight Entertainment model? There is some good examples that might cement some of the concepts for you. If you take a look at the physical architecture data model there are examples of creating physical quantities and creating new units and enumerations.

Also check out the Thematic Highlights in the Capella help, there is an entire section devoted to interfaces and data modelling.

Thanks for your answer Woodske.

Yes, I took a look at data modelling of IFE example but it is not enough for me. I do not see any explications for choosing these properties for defining those classes. Looking at “refinement of data model”, I see that enumerations are used to defined classes for exchange items releated with data. Is it the correct way to define them? How about the other properties? What are thought for?

Where is the Thematic Highlights for interfaces and data modelling in the Capella help? I cannot find it.

Thanks.

@miguel if you select Help > Help Contents from the Capella menu it will open up the online help in your default browser. If you then navigate to the Capella Guide (in the contents section of the left column) you will see the Thematic Highlight section. In this section is the information on interfaces and data modelling. I believe the Basic Constructs under that section will answer your questions about data modelling.

1 Like