Capella requirements diagram

Dear community

Please I have a question concerning the possibility of requirements diagram cration on capella, like what we can find on Cameo system modeler.
requirement_diagram

is it possible to create a requirement diagram directly on Capella without importing a requirement file generated from another tool, purpose is to represent requirement schematically? or at list create a requirement and add them to an existing system analysis diagram ?

Many Thanls

To obtain a representation like this example ?

Yes absolutely you can create from within Capella itself.
If you look at Help → Help Contents → Requirements Viewpoint Guide
You will have all the info/guidance you need.

Thanks, Josh

Hi Josh

Thank you for your quick answer,
I checked the list of help contents on capella and didn’t find requirement viewpoint guide !

Ah!, I just add the Requirement viewpoint add-on to Capella dropins file and now the guide is visible.
But I didn’t find the requirement option in the tool menu

I didn’t find where i can activate the requirement option that can allow me to add requirement to diagrams

Hi Mohamed,
You should “reference” the “capella requirements” by viewpoint manager, then you can find the option in the tool menu.

Hi Jayden
I tried to make this change but Referense button s not visible
Did i miss something to add ?
Thanks for your help

Hi Mohamed,
Did you open a diagram when you try to click the button on the column?

Yes, i was opening a diagram when trying to activate de VP, now i closed it and retry and it works, i activate it and requirement window is now visible in the tool menu.
in order to add requirement ? can i write them directely in eany diagram i want or there is some restriction, sorry for those question, I am new in capella, I used to work on Cameo System modeler.

You can create reqs by “add capella element”.

You should create “[Capella Module]” before create reqs. The reqs trees like this

If you cannot see any thing under the req’s tree, you can follow this

All contents you can read help of " Requirements Guide".

Many thanks Jayden, finnaly it works !

• Have you an idea how can i have the title shown on head of requirement block, even if i write the title in requirement name case it does not appear in wright place
  • For type of the requirement link, where can I modify it plz ?
    I can’t find those information on the guide

You can edit req expression follow this step:

1. open the configure req’s labels in diagram

2. you can edit the label expression and content expression for your req.
Requirement’s label-expression like:

aql:self.ownedAttributes->select( a | a.definition.ReqIFLongName == 'IE PUID').value

Requirement’s content-expression like:

aql:OrderedSet{self.ReqIFLongName, self.ReqIFName, self.ReqIFChapterName, self.ReqIFText}->select(s  | s != 'null' and s.size() > 0).prefix('- ')->sep('\n')
  1. update your config

Dear Jayden

Thank you for your help, I follow the steps that you recommend me to do, but titles still don’t figure yet on the requirements block heads

What I’m trying to have is a representation like this

I’m not sure if naming requirements on this case called “Name” after clicking on requirement block allow title visibility on requirement block heads
for example in Cameo, just a simple click down on block make titling possible.

what I try to get Titling like this exemple :

Hi Mohamed, I guess this is the rule for the VP plugin, replacing “<>” with icon.

1 Like