[Capella 6.1] : eGit - Unable to add selected files to the index

Hi,

In Capella 6.1, moving files from Unstaged Changes area to Staged Changes in not possible.
When I click button “add selected files to the index”, nothing happens and no error is logged in log file.

Note : If I restart Capella-6.1, its works!

Kind Regards

Valery

Hi,

It seems to work on my side.

If you still have this issue, maybe in the Git Repositories view you can try by removing the Repository fron the view and add it again, or try a Reset or a Clean.

Good to know that it works if you restart. Probably an synchronization issue between what is shown in Capella and what is stored in the repository.

Regards

HI Philippe,

Thanks for your help.
Please let me give you more informations so that you could reproduce the issue :

1. If you create un new project and try to add file to index, then adding files to index WORKS

2. If you import a project from existing local repository, then adding files to index WORKS (this is the use case you just described)

3. If you import a project from remote repository (clone URI option in Capella), then adding files to index DOESN’T WORKS

Its look like it miss a refresh(syncrhonize ?) action when cloning a remote repository (third use case) because after restarting Capella, it works ONLY for already existing repository of the workspaces. But if your clone a new project the issue will happen for this new cloned project.

Kind Regards,

Valery