Very new to M2doc here,
- As i was following a tutorial, i saw that i had no “M2Doc Template Editor”. And i came here for help, i am using Capella 1.3.3 to practice (i also got the last version 5.0 for other uses than M2Doc for now).
Here are the steps i followed :
- Opened Capella -> Help -> Install New Software
- Copy pasted the link found here ( Capella M2Doc tutorial - M2Doc), for 1.3.1 version. And then selected all the files, and i got a warning at about 250MB/2000 or so. I went through.
- On the Capella Project Explorer, right click -> new -> Other -> Capella - M2 DOC
- A project opens called “In-Flight Entertainment System With M2Doc”
It contains templates such as “Template LA Complete.genconf”
First problem, when i DOUBLE CLICK it, it shows the txt content file, whereas is this tutorial ( [Webinar] How to Collaborate and Generate Documents with Capella? (by Obeo) - YouTube), in minute 25:38, when the person double clicks he gets a different interface
Second Problem, later in minute 39:30, the user does the following : right click on a template.docx -> open with -> other -> M2Doc Template Editor.
Well i don’t have that editor ?! Why? Could anyone provide any insight? Thank you.
Whenever i figured this, in order to use this solution with ACTUAL REAL capella projects, i would need to start doing something called " USING M2DOC PROGRAMMATICALLY"? (described at end of the document that i could not link because i can’t link more than 2 links as a new user, it’s called [Reference Documentation - M2Doc] Reference Documentation 1.0.0.).
There is no other simple “click and generate” method?
I found some web pages talking about M2Doc was with a software called ObeO, is M2Doc supposed to work better on that software somehow? I know nothing about ObeO.