The ISO/IEC/IEEE 29148 standard (Systems and software engineering – Life cycle processes – Requirements engineering) defines the following requirements engineering processes:
- Stakeholder requirements definition process
- Requirements analysis process (System Requirements, SyRS)
- Software requirements analysis process (Software Requirements, SRS)
And the following outputs :
- Stakeholder requirements specification document (StRS)
- System requirements specification document (SyRS)
- Software requirements specification document (SRS), if adhering to ISO/IEC 12207.
When trying to map expected outputs to Arcadia engineering phases, I was tempted to make the following correspondance :
- OA ==> StRS
- SA ==> SyRS
Which is in accordance with the methodological support in Capella: OA “Define Stakeholders needs” and SA “Formalize System Requirements”.
However, page 34 of Aradia guide tells me that the Functional Need Analysis (SA?) is related to the StRS output in Requirements Management, and that SyRS/SRS are related to LA and PA. So my first question is :
is this a bug in documentation or are you trying to say something more ?
Furthermore, when reading the ISO 29148 standard, it is not clear to me that the OA would be the engineering phase in which the StRS is produced. It could be also produced using SA artefacts if the system is considered as a grey-box in which only the main functions are defined and they are related to higher level capabilities and missions which are related to external actors. So my second question is :
can we produce StRS with SA artefacts ?
Finally, my third question is rather general :
have you built a cartography of Arcadia wrt ISO15288 and ISO29148 standards, as you have made wrt to DoDAF and SysML ?
Thank you in advance.