Adding Requirements Viewpoint

Hi, I am quite new to Capella but I have built a few interesting models and I was interested in adding requirements to my diagrams. I have tried so far unsuccessfully to get the Requirements VP working. I downloaded the .tar file and went through the process of adding new software. When I went through this process I selected all the features? and hit next. It then told me there was a problem and it presented the following screen to me

I proceeded to load the recommended files and it seemed to work.

I opened the View Point Manager and I could see the Capella Requirements. It was unreferenced.

I selected Operational Analysis in the Project Explorer and right clicked on the VP. I selected Reference but it would not change from unreferenced.

I also noticed that there was no possibility to select the requirements layer as suggested in some of the documents. Here is a screen shot

Hopefully there is something obvious that I am missing.

Regards,

Greg

Here is also a screen shot of the error file.

Hi Greg,

From what I see, a bunch of features did not get installed. I do not know why, as I don’t know which OS/Capella version/VP Requirement version you tried to install, but for sure, the first CapellaRequirement feature should be installed (and probably other ones, I did not check)

Stephane

Stephane,

Sorry, it crossed my mind later that versions might be important.

Capella
Version: 5.2.0
Build id: 202111301257
Java version: 14.0.2

Requirements VP
capella-requirements-vp-0.12.3 (Folder name)
I also see 0.12.3 in the Viewpoint Manager window.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Greg

ok I don’t have a Mac so I cannot help here. Maybe it is a right issue. @Maxime can you help here?

Hello,
I am not an expert of ‘Requirements’ but there is a lot of un-installed elements in the “Remediation Page”.
“Tests” and “CDO” are probably not important for you but “CapellaRequirements Feature” at least should be installed.
Can you try a fresh install and copy/paste here the errors you get when selecting “Show original error …” ?
You are possibly missing some components or have version conflicts.

Hi Nicolas

I think this is the screen shot you were asking for.

Regards,

Greg

Nicolas,

I thought I would try to exclude the two features you mentioned above (Test & CDO). It also objected. Here is the Original error screen shot for that attempt.

Regards,

Greg

Hi,

The “Capella Requirements VP CDO feature” and the the “xHTML document generation for Requirement” features are extensions for Team for Capella and xHtml generation add-ons.
If those add-ons are not installed in your bundle, you do not need to select those features (nor the Test one).

I have tried the installation of Requirement VP on a freshly downloaded Capella 5.2 for macOS with the Requirement VP update site available at Project download area | The Eclipse Foundation

My installation steps:

• Extract Capella from the downloaded archive
  • Run xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Capella.app
  • Use the Install new software wizard and select the Requirement VP downloaded update site.
  • Restart Capella
  • The features are correctly installed
  • From ViewpointManager, I can then reference the Requirement VP for a Capella project in my workspace and use Requirements
  • The Requirement VP User Manual is available in Help > Help Contents and then in Requirements Guide > User Manual (VP activation, UI configuration to allow the definition of Requirements, process to create and allocate Requirements, …

Regards

Maxime,

Funny story…

When I got home your reply had not reached me. So I was hunting around the forum and I came upon your reply. I tried it and it and it worked. I was going to update my topic when I realised it was actually the reply to my original request.

Anyway it seems the issue was the Requirements VP download.

I downloaded from this site.

It all seems to be good now so I’ll push on experimenting with Capella and Requirements VP.

Thank you Stephane, Nicolas and Maxime for your help.

Regards,

Greg

Maxime,

I am just having a small problem adjusting the Labels in the Requirement diagram.

I have seen the instructions from Stephane to open the dialogue " Configure Requirements Labels in Diagram" but I cannot find the option described. It clearly has an expression for the Label and a different one for the Content.

I cannot get a Requirements diagram with a Title Label

Is this something to do with using the Mac?

Regards,

Greg

Capella
Version: 5.2.0
Build id: 202111301257
Java version: 14.0.2

The option is here (right click on the “System Engineering” element):

Thanks Stephane,

Good morning from Australia.

That does work. My mistake.

Regards,

Greg