XHTMLDocGen

Hi everyone,
I noticed in the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) demo model from the Capella website that when you perform an HTML Document Generation export the introductory descriptive text contains hyperlinks to a number of diagrams.
However, when I perform an HTML export of my own model, the links are simply static text.
To insert the links I am doing the following:

• Selecting the model (the item just below the .aird file in the project explorer)
  • Adding text to the Description field in the Properties view
  • Clicking the Link button to insert a link
  • Selecting “Diagram Element” from the drop down
  • Browsing to the diagram and hitting the OK button
    In the pop-up window it shows there is URL for the diagram and shows the diagram name as the URL display. Yet, when I export it, all I get is the name and no link.
    Interestingly, when playing with the IFE model to try and figure out how it was doing it, I seem to have broken it such that it also only exports the links as static text now.
    Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
    Software Environment:
  • Capella: 1.3.1
  • Kitalpha: 1.3.0.201810300833
    Thanks in advance,
    Kev

Hi,
This feature is supposed to work correctly so I would say you are using an older version.
For Capella 1.3.1 (build id 201905201820), the Kitalpha version is 1.3.1.201908080400.
Also, what is you version of the XHTML Docgen addon ? (for me the corresponding docgen version is 1.3.1.201906140948).
I would recommend you to download the latest Capella 1.3.1 and try again to export documentation.
Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,
I’ve re-downloaded Capella and I can now confirm I am running:
Capella - 1.3.1.201905201820
DocGen - 1.3.1.201906140948
Kitalpha - 1.3.1.20190614041
Sadly this still didn’t solve the issue. I notice I still don’t have the same Kitalpha version as you, could you tell me how to update my Kitalpha version? I can’t seem to find out how to do it.
Also, I’m not sure if this is the issue as, like I said, I discovered this using the IFE example model and it originally worked just fine. Sadly, I’ve no idea what I did to make it stop working.
Regards,
Kev

There seems to be the same problem, and hence a regression, in the description field of diagrams in Capella 1.3.1.
The hyperlink to diagrams does not work any longer…

Hi,
Can you check if there is a error at Capella startup or when you edit the description.
It may be due to a too long installation path.
Regards
Philippe

I know this, so my Capella installations are just under C!

I also have both my Capella installation and my workspace just under the C: so the long path shouldn’t be the issue.
On inspection of the “Description Section” in the help file, it says that when you insert a hyperlink you can navigate to the hyperlinked content by right-clicking it in the description window. Again, this feature is not working in my Capella.