Unable to migrate capella project

Hi,

When migrating capella project, I received the following log error.

Capella version :
From 1.1.3 to 1.2.1,
From 1.2.1 to 1.3.1,
From 1.3.1 to 1.4.2

LOG ERROR:

!ENTRY org.polarsys.capella.core.preferences 4 0 2021-01-17 18:12:08.019
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value ‘null’ is not legal. (platform:/resource/RPN/RPN.aird, -1, -1)
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value ‘null’ is not legal. (platform:/resource/MyProject/MyProject.aird, -1, -1)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.platform.sirius.ui.session.CapellaSessionHelper.handleLoadingErrors(CapellaSessionHelper.java:357)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.data.migration.MigrationRunnable$2.run(MigrationRunnable.java:304)
at org.polarsys.capella.common.ef.ExecutionManager$2.doExecute(ExecutionManager.java:127)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.doExecute(EMFCommandOperation.java:119)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:488)
at org.polarsys.capella.common.ef.internal.command.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:148)
at org.polarsys.capella.common.platform.sirius.ted.SemanticEditingDomainFactory$SemanticCommandStack.doExecute(SemanticEditingDomainFactory.java:276)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
at org.polarsys.capella.common.ef.ExecutionManager.executeReadWriteCommand(ExecutionManager.java:91)
at org.polarsys.capella.common.ef.ExecutionManager.execute(ExecutionManager.java:66)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.data.migration.MigrationRunnable.performLoadResources(MigrationRunnable.java:274)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.data.migration.MigrationRunnable.run(MigrationRunnable.java:125)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.data.migration.MigrationJob.runInWorkspace(MigrationJob.java:55)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:39)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)

Would you have a model to share so that we can reproduce the issue?

Hi,

Stephane, thanks for trying to help me nut unfortunately for me, I can not share models because of confidential policy in my company.

Kind Regards

Valery

I understand,
You may also consider:

• create another model by deleting most of its content but still have the same migration issue
  • obfuscate one of your model (right click on the aird file)
    DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR MODELS BEFORE DOING THIS

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada