Subsystem to System Transition

Hello there,

I’ve completed creating a subsystem through System Analysis, Logical, and Physical Architecture levels. Now, I need to create the system which contains this sub-system with many other subsystems. Is there a possible way to, for example, create another SAB diagram with a different SoI? (that will be the system this time - not the subsystem)

I found many topics that explain the system to subsystem transition, but I couldn’t find an answer on the reverse situation. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

If I’ve understood your question properly I think your best option would be to start a new Capella project and create the system. From this you would then reveal the logical architecture of that system. One of the logical elements of that architecture would be the subsystem you’ve already created. You could then use the System-to-Subsystem plugin (vertical transition) to create a new project. Into this new project you could probably merge your existing Capella project (SA, LA and PA). Not exactly elegant but I think it would achieve your objective.

1 Like

That’s the way that I was thinking. As you said, it’s not very elegant, but it seems it’s the only way :slight_smile: Thank you for the help! I appreciate it.