Requirement viewpoint - cannot import reqif file

Hello
Please find below the versions.
Capella Version: 1.1.2 Build id: 2017-08-01_10-31-42
CapellaRequirements Feature 0.5.0.201702071651
Regards
Arun

I did try with these version and I do see the menu.
Did you Reference your model as explained in the documentation?
Quote:
Once the view is open, select an element of your model. Then in the view, right click on the “Capella Requirements” view and click on “Reference”.
You should see the import menu as soon as you check the contextual menu on the “System Analysis”, “Logical Architecture”, “Physical Architecture” elements in the project tree.
Warning: the version on the Capella website does not support requirements which don’t have IE PUID.
The following version does:
https:// hudson.polarsys.org/capella/job/capella-requirements-viewpoi nt-v0.5.x/14/artifact/releng/org.polarsys.capella.vp.require ments.update/target/org.polarsys.capella.vp.requirements-dro pins-0.5.1.201706141624.zip

Thank you Stephane.
I was missing the point contextual menu from the “project tree”. Previously I was checking the contextual menu of the model element.
However, now the issue is that context menu is blank as shown below.
I checked in different computers, it is the same behavior. Am I missing anything? This happens only after I click on reference on capella requirements.

Sorry but it is difficult to see the picture (light and resolution are weak).
This is extremely weird as you seem missing many menu entries there. Which Java version are you running? DO you have the same blank contextual menu in a Capella where the Requirement add-on is not installed?

Sorry for the screenshot. Please find the below one. Before, everything works fine with contextual menus. Even after installing requirement viewpoint, the contextual menu is fine.
The issue comes only after I activate reference from capella requirements from viewpoint manager.
I am using Java 1.8.

Hi,
Can you tell us if any exception occurred ? (menu Window / Show View / Error Log)
Thanks

Hello, Here is the error log.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2017-09-13 12:58:52.355
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/polarsys/kitalpha/ad/services/manager/InvalidContextExce ption
at org.polarsys.capella.vp.requirements.ui.commands.Requirement sVPPropertyTester.test(RequirementsVPPropertyTester.java:34)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.Property.test(Property .java:58)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TestExpression.evaluat e(TestExpression.java:100)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerActivation.evaluate( HandlerActivation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService$Handle rSelectionFunction.compute(LegacyHandlerService.java:117)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ValueComputation.get(V alueComputation.java:62)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.interna lGet(EclipseContext.java:247)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.interna lGet(EclipseContext.java:258)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.interna lGet(EclipseContext.java:258)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.get(Ecl ipseContext.java:213)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.loo kUpHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:100)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler. setEnabled(HandlerServiceHandler.java:71)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.setEnabled(Command.java:87 5)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.can Execute(HandlerServiceImpl.java:179)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.can Execute(HandlerServiceImpl.java:165)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.MenuHelper$1.evaluate(MenuHelp er.java:254)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ContributionsAnalyzer.i sVisible(ContributionsAnalyzer.java:256)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributionRecord .computeVisibility(ContributionRecord.java:166)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributionRecord .updateVisibility(ContributionRecord.java:96)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.MenuManagerRendere rFilter.updateElementVisibility(MenuManagerRendererFilter.ja va:188)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.MenuManagerRendere rFilter.updateElementVisibility(MenuManagerRendererFilter.ja va:199)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.MenuManagerShowPro cessor.showMenu(MenuManagerShowProcessor.java:230)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.MenuManagerShowPro cessor.menuAboutToHide(MenuManagerShowProcessor.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jface.internal.MenuManagerEventHelper.showEventP ostHelper(MenuManagerEventHelper.java:92)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuM anager.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$1(MenuManager.ja va:461)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager .java:493)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:255)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4362)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1137)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1118)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_INITMENUPOPUP(Control.jav a:5037)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4705 )
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:339)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.j ava:1633)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2117)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:5050 )
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu._setVisible(Menu.java:262)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPopups(Display.java:4221)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3763)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:827 )
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:803)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.log.EventDetailsDialog.open(Ev entDetailsDialog.java:181)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.log.EventDetailsDialogAction.r un(EventDetailsDialogAction.java:98)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.log.LogView$15.doubleClick(Log View.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredV iewer.java:832)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:17 3)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(S tructuredViewer.java:829)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSel ect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1470)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSe lected(StructuredViewer.java:1263)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEven t(OpenStrategy.java:252)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.ja va:249)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrate gy.java:311)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4362)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:4180)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3769)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine $4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:337)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1018)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRu nUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:694)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:337)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:606)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:150)
at org.polarsys.capella.core.platform.sirius.ui.app.CapellaAppl ication.start(CapellaApplication.java:116)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 669)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.polarsys.kitalpha.ad.services.manager.InvalidContextExce ption cannot be found by org.polarsys.capella.vp.requirements.model.helpers_0.5.1.201 706141624
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:439)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:352)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:344)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass (ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
… 86 more

Hi,
looking at your symptoms, I think you shall check your capella installation before looking for specific capella functions.
At first, and it’s a classical problem with eclipse installation under windows, you shall ensure that your path (in fact, the path of the deepest file of capella) is not more deep than 256 characters. Installing eclipse based application in a deep directories on your windows computer can lead to the lose of jar file, eclipse components, and your platform won’t work well. Even unzipping tools can give you a warning in such a case, it’s always welcome to check this point.
Secundly, the lose of menuItems remind me a lack of video memory (sometime called GDI under windows). Some application fill up this memory, and application with many menu items (such as eclipse/capella) cannot instantiate all their subMenus.
Hoping this will help you
J.Pequery

The team has actually found a regression and is working on a new build for this add-on. Hopefully it will be available in the next couple of days. I will post a new message here.

Thanks J.Pequery and Stephane for your response.
I cross checked in different computers with same result. It happens only when I install this addon, otherwise it is working fine.
Thanks Stephane, I will wait for the new build.
Regards
Arun

Stephane,
could you please take a look on a following bug?
ticket 1784
I experienced some issues with imported requirements.

Hi,
Thank you for filing this report. We are also aware of a few missing items in this add-on, like the capability to display requirements in diagrams or the capability to edit requirements in a more ergonomic way. Not all of them would be expensive developments. However, what we are lacking today with regards to this add-on is funding. Several organizations have expressed wishes in the last months, but the Capella team already has quite a backlog. The only way to accelerate the developments of these evolutions would be through funding… Anyone is welcome to contribute!

Hello all,
After importing a reqif file as explained above, the requirements are not listed in my project explorer. When i try to import the reqif again, the model update browser shows that the requirements are already included in the “System Analysis” subsection of the project (see figure). I have the same problem when creating a Capella types folder.
Am i doing something wrong or is there somewhere an issue with Capella/plugin?
Thank you in advance!

Solution found

Hi, I’ve imported my reqif document as per above example, but the content of the specifications appear to be blank. Did I make mistake when exporting the reqif doc, or else I missed some steps in capella?