Modeling Accelerators: Synchronize Exchanged Items and Function Ports

When Exchanged Items is set on Functional Exchanged, I use the modeling accelerator “Propagate Exchanged Items to Function Ports”… This use case is applicable when building model from scratch…
But when REC/RPL model from Library, the use case is reverted: Exchanged Items are set on the Ports (coming from the library) and not in the functional exchange (which is created in the model where the RPL is used)…
I expected that the accelerator “Synchronize Exchanged Items and Function ports” would propagate the EI in the function ports to the Functional Exchanged… but it erases the EI in the function ports…
Is it normal ?
I use Capella 1.4.0
Thank

There is no distinction made between the two cases. The reference is always the Functional Exchange. But I see your point. Not sure if a contextual behaviour is the right choice here though.

Thank you for your answer.
Actually I found the difference:
Propagate EI to the port ADD the EI of the functional exchanges to the EI of the ports (which means that the port can have more EI than the ones of the functional exchange)
The synchronize is an intersections of the EI of the ports and the EI of the functional exchange…; which means that, in the end, all the elements (ports and exchanged items) have exactly the same EI…
Another behavior of this synchronisation would be to realize a union between the EI in the ports and the functional exchange…
BR

Are you aware of capella-groovy? It could provide you a way to perform such kinds of synchronizations by running a groovy script over your model. It is basically a way to add behavior to capella without having to deploy your own plugin. You just install capella-groovy once, and then run scripts in your workspace.