M2doc in Melody Advance Team (Capella Team)

In fact, I am not so much in the details how it works internally with eclipse/Capella.

What I can say: I have installed many add-ons on top of Capella, M2Doc is just one of them. All the add-ons have been installed with update-site mechanism (no dropin installation). All add-ons have been installed as shared installation in admin mode (with admin.bat).

If I run Capella as admin with admin.bat, jsoup is loaded:
org.jsoup (1.8.3.v20181012-1713) “jsoup” [Resolved]

If I run Capella as normal user, jsoup is not loaded.

So, it seems there are conditions under which jsoup is loaded and conditions under which it is not loaded.

Some bundles can ask to be unpacked, maybe only the admin can do that or the jsoup jar file is not readable by normal users ? or the unpackage verison is only readable by admin ?

grafik

Well, I have no idea …
But, from my point of view it has been installed just as any other bundle. And from access rights it is readable by all users.
I do not know how the loading of modules internally is done. I just see the result.

As admin:

As normal user:

I just had a joint session with the TCE support (Philippe DUL) and we found, I would say, a workaround.

I uninstalled M2Doc and jsoup from the shared installation as admin. Jsoup could not be completely uninstalled, because it is used by some other feature. But, it was removed from the ‘Installed Software’ list. It still is available in the ‘Plug-ins’ list.

Then, I installed again M2Doc. Jsoup is not added again to the ‘Installed Software’ list.
Then the ‘fromHTMLBodyString’ issue disappears and it works from admin mode and normal user mode.

It seems that jsoup should not be checked if you do the initial installation of M2Doc?! (I do not get all the dependencies). At least it works now.

Hi,

It seems there might some differences between your two launch contexts but also around plugin installation, dependencies resolution or dropins detection when multi-user configuration is used.

I do not know which kind of property/config is used on your side in you .bat scripts, but I already had to use the following process to have a working workbench after some manual updates.

In my use case, the multi-user configuration was set with the use of the following properties in configuration/config.ini:
osgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/Capella_XXX/workspace
osgi.instance.area=@user.home/Capella_XXX/workspace
osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Capella_XXX/configuration

The steps were the following:

1. comment those lines and save
  2. launch Capella in a single user context and a temporary workspace (./wkp for example)
  3. check installation details, plugins start, … jsoup detection or even M2Doc behavior
  4. stop capella
  5. uncomment the multi-user configuration
  6. launch capella as before and check the jsoup detection, start and M2Doc behavior

In your case, I would try this with adaptation of steps 1. and 5. to disable and then re-enable the multi-user config.

It seems from your attempt with Philippe that you have switched from admin mode to user mode, but does your admin correspond to a single user use of Capella ? It might target a different configuration folder not used as “base” for the multi-user mode, so the multi-user mode would still have a wrong list of detected plugins, or “of plugins to start”.

Could you also indicate which dependencies were missing during your installation attempt ?

Regards

Well, that may prove to be a workaround. But the issue is that currently all that is awfully intransparent. If the dependencies of M2Doc are supposedly clear (in the manifest), then there should be at the minimum a clear error (in the log) during installation of M2Doc plugin unless all dependencies are properly satisfied. So if the OSGI bundle framework does not generate such error but still something is missing at the end that root cause should be looked for and identified… It should not stop at the workaround…

I also saw a note about not selecting the jsoup feature when installing M2Doc. Did you try that ?

2021-12-22 11:52:07 - Philippe DUL Additional comments

From the screenshot on the opensource forum, the jsoup appears in the first page of the Installed Software when launched with admin.bat.
https://forum.mbse-capella.org/uploads/default/original/1X/46f7fb07376ee1edf0ab4f49bc41374dc9f87268.png

By uncheking it while installation, jsoup will not be installed as a main feature, but will be installed as a simple plugin from M2Doc for Capella and shall be loaded properly.

Uwe Wolfart:
Solved. The jsoup feature shall not be selected while installation through update site.
…request sent to Obeo to clarify official M2doc page.