Library PVMT and REC/RPL good/bad practices

First I share the bad practice:
In a library I have applied a PV Domain on Functions… Let’s say function kind (datamodel/simulation/communication)…
I created REC… and RPL in a project using the Lib… The RPL has property values applied. But I could not manipulate the values of the properties applied.
First bad idea: I imported the Domain in the project to manipulate the properties but… I guess the import mechanism recreated EObject of the corresponding property values when importing the Domain…
Second bad idea: for another reason, I removed the properties from the library by detaching model. WHen I tried to remove the properties from the elements in the project using the lib, it did not worked and showed invalid EReference (to the Domain in the Library, which was not existing anymore)…
COnclusion: It’s a bad idea, when using REC/RPL from library in conjunction with PVMT to import the Domain in the project using the lib.
Questions: Is there a good practice ?
Question 2: in Capella user manual, it is said that property values are not handled properly by transition operations, is it confirmed ? How can I use property values at one level of analysis, and transition them to the others properly.
Thank you for any advice.

Hi Cedric,
Just sharing one experience here and certainly not answering all your questions but: I had a case where I defined properly property values on Operational Activities and System Functions, and when applying the transition, it worked well. I am not saying this is something supported, I don’t know for sure, but the transition did work well provided that the PV Definition were set correctly.
I hope this helps
Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada

Hello Stéphane
Thank you for your feedback. I will probably check on a sample model with configuration management what happens when I apply transition and, also important, what happens if I modify elements and re-apply transformation. I will post my results here.
BR

Hello Cedric,
PVMT does not yet support transition between perspectives (SA to LA for example), system to sub-system transition, or REC / RPL between library and project.
It’s because even if the Property Values are transferred, the link with the PV definition is lost in the transfer.
This problem has already been identified and would need additional development in order to fully cover all use cases.

I know this is a bit of a blast from the past, but figured it’s better to keep the thread alive than create a new, related one. Happy to create a separate one if that’s recommended.

I’ve similarly been trying with a simple library project + capella project within a workspace. Adding a PVMT domain cost parameter to the model element in the library before making a REC. Making a RPL in the project, and cost is not shown on the Property Values pallet.

Like Cedric_Gava_old, I attempted to export the PVMT profile from my library and import it in the project, but that resulted in a duplicate parameter being created without the original information.

Attempted to create a Property Values Configuration File in the Library to import into the project, but later found documentation that it’s not a well supported feature.

So back to @Cedric_Gava_old 's original question, is this a supported use case for the open source PVMT implementation? Is anyone using this seccussfully?