HTML on selected element

Greetings everyone,
I’m using Capella V1.3.0 with HTML generation and would like to use “HTML doc generation on selected elements”.
For example, i only want to generate the “System analysis” layer on HTML.
Does anyone knows how to proceed ? (It does not work when selected “HTML generation on selected element” on the system analysis layer).
Many thanks for support.
RD

Hi,

What is the version of the HTML DocGen you are using ?
For me, there is no menu entry “HTML generation on selected element” on the 1.3.0 version of the XHTML docgen.
But if you select your “System Analysis” element in the “'Capella Project Explorer” view and select the right click “HTML Documentation Generation” it does produces an HTML documentation focused on the System Analysis architecture level (a partial documentation generation).

You can be sure that a “partial” generation is launched when looking at the generation wizard:

Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud.,
Firstable, Thanks for your feedback.

I’m using CAPELLAXHTMLDocgen-1.3.3.202012211337_CAPELLA 1.3.3.Dropins.zip.
https://download.eclipse.org/capella/addons/xhtmldocgen/dropins/nightly/1.3.x/.

By right clicking, i can chosse between HTML Doc generation or HTML Doc generation on selected elements (see attached).

If i generate HTML documentation as the way you provide me, it’s working well.

But what about generation on selected elements ?
And is that possible to generate HTML not on a full layer but only on few diagrams ?

Many thanks for your support,
RD

Hi,

Sorry I misunderstood your context of use. There is indeed the “selected elements” documentation generation in version 1.3.3 of the docgen.

When selecting the “HTML Documentation Generation on selected elements” the wizard allows to select the elements you want to include. The elements displayed in the selection tree are the one presented in the “Capella Project Explorer” (which is filtered, see image ).
In this selection tree you can select the diagrams you want to see in the documentation but take care that sometimes the elements presented in the diagram are not the ones you think (e.g. Part are presented in the diagrams but most of the time the elements of interest is the related Component). So you will need to select both the component and the part in order to get diagram based navigation in the generated documentation and to see the part in the tree you must remove the filter in the explorer.

Just a little reminder: be aware that nightly versions are generally not guaranteed to be fully functional :slight_smile:
Also, version 1.3.3 of the XHTML Docgen is not tagged as supporting Capella 1.3.0 (see release page for compatibility information).

Regards,
Arnaud

Arnaud,

Your feedback is very clear.
Thanks a lot.
So if i want to use Doc Generation on Selected Elements, i’ve to migrate to another Capella version.
RD

Hi,

Sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding. In fact I tried to reproduce your problem with (I think) your same setup: Capella 1.3.0 + XHTML DocGen 1.3.3 nightly and I succeeded in generating a partial documentation containing only a diagram and its content. So if you want to generate documentation for only a few diagrams, you should launch a partial generation, select the diagrams and select the elements that are contained in the diagram. And it should work properly. Please tell me if it is not the case.

Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,
Yes, we have the same setup, but i cannot reproduce.
Would you detail me the differents steps ? (I cannot select diagram and elements by generate a partial HTML, but i think i’m not doing the right things)
Regards

Hi,

If you show me in details what you are doing I may find where the problem is but I cannot write a tutorial on how to use the partial generation in here.

Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,
Finaly, i found the way.
Thanks for support.
Regards