Function automatic ID

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know or have an clue on automatic management of functions ID with Capella ?
rgds,

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know or have an clue on automatic management of functions ID with Capella ?
rgds,

Hi Julien,
Could you be a little bit more specific on which Id you’re talking about and what you would like to know?
Thanks

Hi Julien,
Could you be a little bit more specific on which Id you’re talking about and what you would like to know?
Thanks

Hello Stéphane,
I am not talking about the ‘Capella Id’ that we can see on the ‘Expert’ tab of the Property view.
For each project, one defines one nomenclature to identify every functions.
For the moment, I am handling these in one of my project by putting the function ID in the summary of the function.
However, this raises some issues,( the main one is the impossibility to check that an ID is unique with Capella). So I was wondering if anyone here have already faced such problems, and if it exists a few tricks that will ease the management of functions ID with Capella.
Rgds,

Hello Stéphane,
I am not talking about the ‘Capella Id’ that we can see on the ‘Expert’ tab of the Property view.
For each project, one defines one nomenclature to identify every functions.
For the moment, I am handling these in one of my project by putting the function ID in the summary of the function.
However, this raises some issues,( the main one is the impossibility to check that an ID is unique with Capella). So I was wondering if anyone here have already faced such problems, and if it exists a few tricks that will ease the management of functions ID with Capella.
Rgds,

Why don’t you use the label/name of the function to identify it?

Why don’t you use the label/name of the function to identify it?

I think this is more or less what he is doing, the question being “How can they ensure that the ID is unique if they use labels/names”?

I think this is more or less what he is doing, the question being “How can they ensure that the ID is unique if they use labels/names”?

Hello Felix and Stéphane,
I did not thought about putting the function ID in the name, with for instance a label “FunctionID- Name”
It is a good idea, since you will be able to filter your functions by ID with the Project Explorer research bar, and henceforth ease the process of ID management. It is a progress compared to the use of the “summary” of the function, whose value does not appear in the Project explorer research bar.
My concern is that it can overload diagrams with information, making them less readable.
Thank you both for your answers !
Rgds,

Hello Felix and Stéphane,
I did not thought about putting the function ID in the name, with for instance a label “FunctionID- Name”
It is a good idea, since you will be able to filter your functions by ID with the Project Explorer research bar, and henceforth ease the process of ID management. It is a progress compared to the use of the “summary” of the function, whose value does not appear in the Project explorer research bar.
My concern is that it can overload diagrams with information, making them less readable.
Thank you both for your answers !
Rgds,

I do think that the labeling functionality of Capella is quite primitive. It should really be possible for users to write customized label expressions for explorer, diagrams, etc. It should also be possible to customize the default new name for added functions. I’m not sure if the PVMT diagram styler can be used to customize labels. You could do a diagram extension in sirius to rewrite the labels, but if you’ve never done something like that it’s kind of overwhelming at first.

I do think that the labeling functionality of Capella is quite primitive. It should really be possible for users to write customized label expressions for explorer, diagrams, etc. It should also be possible to customize the default new name for added functions. I’m not sure if the PVMT diagram styler can be used to customize labels. You could do a diagram extension in sirius to rewrite the labels, but if you’ve never done something like that it’s kind of overwhelming at first.

The Requirements Add-On has a dialog that enables the customization of the labels that are shown on the diagram representations. You can use AQL expressions to customize it which is a very powerful feature.
If anyone would develop an extension to enable such feature for customizing functions, or other elements’ labels it would be a good base to be copied… (if not already available somehow)

The Requirements Add-On has a dialog that enables the customization of the labels that are shown on the diagram representations. You can use AQL expressions to customize it which is a very powerful feature.
If anyone would develop an extension to enable such feature for customizing functions, or other elements’ labels it would be a good base to be copied… (if not already available somehow)

Here is a screenshot of the dialog mentioned on the previous message:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Here is a screenshot of the dialog mentioned on the previous message:

That is exactly what’s needed I think. I wonder how to make the choice to enable such a thing only for specific elements…

That is exactly what’s needed I think. I wonder how to make the choice to enable such a thing only for specific elements…